PDA

View Full Version : T8s in the blinds - improve my play please

John Paul
10-07-2004, 01:34 PM
Hello,
Please give me any suggestions here - I got spooked on this hand and don't know if I played well

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif, T/images/graemlins/heart.gif. CO posts a blind of $0.5.
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO (poster) checks, Button calls, SB completes, Hero checks.

On this table SB seemed to have a strategy of always calling (literally) and would even raise with Qx preflop. UTG+1 and the Button were both pretty passive players, would call from time to time or bet, but rarely raise. I did not get to see what many of their hands were when they lost, so I did not have a good read on them - they hadn't won many either.

Flop: (5 SB) 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+1 folds, CO calls, Button calls, SB folds.

I missed my hearts, but I figured I had top pair and no one raised, so I should bet while the betting is good, and hopefully knock out folks.

Turn: (4 BB) A/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">CO bets</font>, Button folds, Hero calls.

I've only been playing online a few days, and I just didn't know what to do here. I did not know if I was still top or not. I was thinking of betting and folding to a raise from the button, but I figured if I was willing to spend 1 BB, I should just check and spend it to get another card.

River: (6 BB) A/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 8 BB

Here I missed again, but I figured the appearance of the second A made it unlikely that the button had an A as well. I figured I would check/call - I'm guessing that any hand which would call or raise a bet of mine would beat me, but I might catch the Button trying to steal the pot.

Did I do the right thing? Should I have bet the turn or the river? folded?

Thanks,

Bez
10-07-2004, 01:37 PM
Bet out on the turn - there's no reason to suspect anyone has an A. The way you played it I would have called down. The opponent may not have an A, as soon as you slowed down he was betting. May well have been bluffing.

LowDown22
10-07-2004, 02:02 PM
Bet the turn, otherwise check-fold. Calling is the worst option here IMO. Like the previous poster said, there's no reason to believe anyone has an Ace. When you check you're inviting any 3, 4, 8, A, or bluff to bet.

flair1239
10-07-2004, 02:07 PM
These are always tough situations. I would have bet out again on the turn.

The CO got a free play PF. So it is possible he could be playing Ax. A steal is also possible.

The pot is a little on the small side, but I am tempted to raise him. I honestly don't know, folding here would not be terrible.