PDA

View Full Version : Forbes Mill - Los Gatos, CA

offTopic
10-07-2004, 12:58 PM
Going for dinner for the first time this weekend. Anyone want to clue me in on how good (or overrated /images/graemlins/crazy.gif ) it is?

J.A.Sucker
10-07-2004, 02:17 PM
Never been, but if you're gonna be in Los Gatos before 5 pm you'd best do yourself (and your date) a favor and go visit the Testarossa Winery, up the hill on College Ave. It's putting out THE BEST Pinot Noir and Chardonnays in the world right now (no exaggeration) and they make a tremendous Syrah, too. You can thank me later.

offTopic
10-07-2004, 04:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Never been, but if you're gonna be in Los Gatos before 5 pm you'd best do yourself (and your date) a favor and go visit the Testarossa Winery, up the hill on College Ave. It's putting out THE BEST Pinot Noir and Chardonnays in the world right now (no exaggeration) and they make a tremendous Syrah, too. You can thank me later.

[/ QUOTE ]

Neither of us is much of a wine drinker /images/graemlins/frown.gif but thanks.

Ed Miller
10-07-2004, 04:22 PM
Sucker, you sold me on a trip to Los Gatos. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

J.A.Sucker
10-07-2004, 06:13 PM
You get out here, and I'll take you. You can get Clarky to come, and we can play some poker, too.

J.A.Sucker
10-07-2004, 06:14 PM
If you go there, you'll become a wine drinker. No joke. I took some Mormons there and even they came around. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Ulysses
10-07-2004, 06:37 PM
Article (http://www.testarossa.com/PDF/2004_Winery_Year.pdf)

GuyOnTilt
10-07-2004, 08:24 PM
That is a ridiculously bad Photoshop job on his wife's face.

GoT

nolanfan34
10-07-2004, 08:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]

GoT

[/ QUOTE ]

Either that, or she's two dimentional. It looks like he's standing next to a cardboard cutout.

The Dude
10-08-2004, 03:42 PM
That's not his wife. That's El Diablo with his mask off!

astroglide
10-08-2004, 04:33 PM
i did a photoshop job on your mom's face

offTopic
10-11-2004, 03:29 PM
Nice place - we were seated within earshot of the bar, which is bad, kind of loud. We'd originally planned on hitting the winery, but the Cal-USC game interceded, and we got to LG around 5 for a 6:30 reservation.

Wandered around downtown LG, and stopped in at Double-D's to catch up on scores and to get a drink before dinner...we left there after being resoundingly blown off by the waitresses (as in, walk past us to the table next to us twice). Since Forbes Mill is owned by the same people, this was a little disconcerting, however, the service at the steakhouse was excellent.

My GF and I both had the grilled ribeye with sides of mashed potatoes and sauteed spinach...no sauces for the steak, but it really didn't need it. All the food was tremendous, and the chocolate torte with raspberries was very decadent.

Thumbs-up if you're a steak eater...avoid the sports bar down the street, though. /images/graemlins/blush.gif