PDA

View Full Version : Overcards LP- Attempted resteal on flop

flair1239
10-07-2004, 12:09 PM
Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (9 handed)

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO folds, Button folds, SB folds, BB calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls.

Flop: (8.50 SB) 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 9/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, MP1 checks, <font color="CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB folds, MP1 folds, <font color="CC3333">MP2 3-bets</font>, Hero...?

Raised on flop for (2) reasons. I wanted to get heads up, felt he could just be betting a straight draw, or possibly had a nine. Also thought I might get a free card if was just betting a pair. 3-bet makes me feel he has something stronger.

1. How do you feel about my flop raise and why?
2. What is your line on my next decision. Fold now or call and fold turn unimproved?

Entity
10-07-2004, 12:11 PM
Looks standard. I'd call and fold the turn UI, but that may be a hole in my game, since if a Q hit I'd have to call down.

Rob

flair1239
10-07-2004, 12:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Looks standard. I'd call and fold the turn UI, but that may be a hole in my game, since if a Q hit I'd have to call down.

Rob

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't let this reply close the conversation; but this is my line too. If the board was not coordinated, that would pretty much be my play without question.

However in this situation, I think I almost have to give him credit for 2-pair (at least). So like you said if I spike a pair, I am still not happy; but now probably have to calldown (like you said).

So it's a situation, where even if I hit my card, I can't really feel comfortable playing aggressively. And it is going to cost 2BB to see the showdown.

DMBFan23
10-07-2004, 12:20 PM
flop raise is good, you'd like to play against as few opponents as possible, and lots of hands you'd like to force out. Like Entity, I'd call the three bet and fold unimproved.

Entity
10-07-2004, 12:20 PM
Yup. Like I said, it sucks. I'm still working on them, and I've read the overcard section of SSHE a few times.

The real problem is how often will he make this play with A8, or K8, or something equally crappy that does have a legitimate draw?

Rob

HajiShirazu
10-07-2004, 12:34 PM
I know we're supposed to play aggressively and all but I still puss out when the flop is pretty coordinated and I dont have a pair or good draw and there are others after me to act who arent folding if they have a pair. So I just call and hope that I get to see the turn for one bet and the fold if I miss.