PDA

View Full Version : pokertracker/HH question

turnipmonster
10-07-2004, 11:53 AM
so currently when I do an import of hand histories from my hard drive, the process takes forever because it seems like it goes through HHs that it's already imported. my question is, do I need to clean out those HH folders after I do an import?

--turnipmonster

mistrpug
10-07-2004, 12:30 PM
Yeah. Either delete them or move them to a different folder that PT won't check.

_And1_
10-08-2004, 08:14 AM
turnip.. you can set it all up for PT to move the files as they have imported them, so that you dont have to do a thing...

i assume you use the autoimport feature (lighting bolt icon), look for the "move processed files to the following folder when i close this window" check it and browse for place to put them outside the party (or what ever skin) directory..

For more help Go to the Help menu in PT and select "How To Import Party (and affiliates) Hand Histories Stored On Your Hard Drive...

mistrpug
10-08-2004, 09:14 AM
I usually just delete the files after I import them. Is there any advantage to keeping them?

highlife
10-08-2004, 10:00 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I usually just delete the files after I import them. Is there any advantage to keeping them?

[/ QUOTE ]

the only advantage i can see is if your DB and backups got corrupted you could reload the files and wouldn't lose any data.

bdk3clash
10-08-2004, 10:22 AM
Is there a way to have PokerTracker just delete the hand history files once it's finished importing them? I know you can move them to another folder once finished to avoid the import error when first starting PokerTracker because it finds all your old hand history files.

turnipmonster
10-08-2004, 11:43 AM
thanks!