PDA

View Full Version : Playing a draw agressively against most of the table.

ElSapo
10-07-2004, 11:30 AM
Party 2/4 and the table is loose-loose.

Two limpers, and I call with A /images/graemlins/heart.gif6 /images/graemlins/heart.gif, two more callers, a raise, and 8 of us take a flop for 2 bets.

Flop is 4 /images/graemlins/heart.gif5 /images/graemlins/heart.gif8 /images/graemlins/club.gif

Decision 1 - I've got three players behind me, and three in front of me. This table is loose-passive, so it's likely going to get checked to the pre-flop raiser. It's practically a toss-up here how to get more bets into the pot, I'd say. Except I suppose there's no gaurantee PFR will raise if I bet.

Checked to me, I check, all the way the the raiser. He bets, three calls, I check-raise, two folds and a call, PFR calls, two calls and a fold. Six of us to the turn.

Turn is A /images/graemlins/club.gif

Check-check to me, and I bet. I'm not sure if this is a good card or not, and depending on what everyone else has it may not give me any more outs since hitting my kicker may well give someone the straight.

Middle-man folds, PFR calls, SB and BB call.

River is a 8 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif, another interesting card. Checked to me, I bet...

Is there another way to play this?

InchoateHand
10-07-2004, 11:36 AM
I like how you played this. I agree its a toss up on the flop, though betting out is less threatening than check-raising it is no guarantee to jam your draw.

On the river I think you are correct to close your eyes and bet. I'm only worried about the blinds having stuck around with top pair on the flop, but I think they will also have busted gutshots and random pairs enough to make this worthwhile.

I hope you won it.

dejableu
10-07-2004, 11:47 AM
It is almost impossible to follow the action based on the format of your post. In future posts, please be specific about your position at the table and exactly who is doing the betting, raising, calling, folding.

Bet the river. That 8 could scare away a weak A like A7 or A9 (which both beat you), because they may assume your check-raise on the flop means an 8. Since you are going to call anyway, bet...

lil'
10-07-2004, 11:49 AM
Is there another way to play this?

You played this hand well, and you know you did. Doesn't matter what the results are.

Do you really need us to tell you? /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

ElSapo
10-07-2004, 11:55 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Do you really need us to tell you?

[/ QUOTE ]

I had a long post written here about the state of the forums and all that, but I deleted it. You're right, there's really no other way to play this hand.

ElSapo

sfer
10-07-2004, 12:16 PM
Actually, one can make an argument for betting the flop yourself if the button won't autobet into a field. Other that that it's straightfoward.