PDA

View Full Version : QQ Fold or Raise?

jay1313
10-07-2004, 11:23 AM
Party Poker $1/$2 10 handed

Table is typical loose passive, have not been seated for long but have already shaken my head at the Kxo and xxo calls at this point.

Hero is CO with Q /images/graemlins/diamond.gif Q /images/graemlins/club.gif

UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, <font color="blue"> UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, <font color="black"> MP3 folds, <font color="red"> Hero Raises, <font color="black"> Button folds, SB folds, BB folds, <font color="blue"> UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls.

<font color="black"> Flop: (9.00 SB) <font color="blue"> (4 players)

<font color="black"> K /images/graemlins/spade.gif, A /images/graemlins/heart.gif, 6 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

UTG+2 checks, <font color="red"> MP1 bets, <font color="blue"> MP2 calls, <font color="black"> Hero folds

Does anyone raise here? I figure at this point I am way behind (which is annoying because I know it is Kxo or Axo) I have the backdoor straight draw and in a heads up battle I will raise here to take control of the hand. But against a loose passive table and bet into with a call I am figuring I can't shake both of them at this point and lay it down. Does anyone do anything differently?

cab4656
10-07-2004, 11:32 AM
I fold. It's likely that you're drawing to two outs. Somebody has an ace or a king, and they're not going to fold it. If you raise, yes, you might be able to take control of the hand. But then you're just giving them more money when they go passive and call you down with A5o.