PDA

View Full Version : Crying Calls?

meep_42
10-07-2004, 10:52 AM
Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+2 with 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, Hero calls, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO calls, Button folds, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (6 SB) 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG calls, Hero calls, MP1 folds, CO calls, SB calls.

Turn: (5.50 BB) A/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, Hero checks, CO checks.

River: (5.50 BB) A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG folds, Hero folds, CO folds, SB folds.

Final Pot: 6.50 BB

-----
Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is CO with T/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/spade.gif. UTG+1 posts a blind of $0.50.
UTG folds, UTG+1 (poster) checks, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 calls, Hero calls, Button folds, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (5 SB) A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, Hero calls, SB calls, BB folds, UTG+1 folds.

Turn: (4 BB) 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, Hero calls, SB calls.

River: (7 BB) 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, Hero folds, SB folds.

Final Pot: 8 BB
----
-d

meep_42
10-07-2004, 12:02 PM
My one and only bump.

-d

Entity
10-07-2004, 12:10 PM
Folding the first is fine.

If you're going to fold the second, it should probably be on the turn, or possibly the flop (calling the flop is fine if the rest of the table is passive). You're getting 6:1 (assuming no raises) with second pair, a BD flush and a BD straight. You've got nothing on the turn, so I'd probably let it go.

Rob

flexus
10-07-2004, 12:11 PM
In both these hands you have marginal, possibly best and easily outdrawn hands in small pots and bad position relative to the bettor. Fold the flop in both hands.

HajiShirazu
10-07-2004, 12:17 PM
Hi,
While I don't care, other people seem to hate multi-hand posts.
Anyway the flop on hand 1 is a raise or fold situation. You don't have anywhere near the odds to draw here. I would usually fold this flop because I think the BB is usually going to have to have an 8 or better to bet here and the others probably are going to try and chase down your fives even if they are good. The river you should fold also since the BB probably had the 8 on the flop and now he still has it on the river.
Hand 2 is a marginal call preflop. If you are going to play this hand, raise. In general, if people have posted and you hold a non-implied odds hand, you should raise if you are going to play. And as always limping in the CO is bad.
I think this is another raise or fold situation on the flop. You're getting 6 to 1 with maybe 5 or 6 outs. You don't have odds to draw, so you can only continue if you think you have the bettor beat. If he is aggressive, that is he would bet with less than an ace here a reasonable percentage of the time you should raise to protect your hand. If you are going to call down like this, call the river.
It seems in both these hands you have been doing too much calling. Remember that in most situations, raising and folding fall more in line with the tight aggressive style that will get the money in all games. That doesn't mean that you should never call, just the next time you press "call", think about your options, and think about whether raising or folding would be a better play.

witeknite
10-07-2004, 12:24 PM
Okay...first post commenting on a hand, so forgive my newbieness.

I assume you are asking if the river folds were right? If so, than yes. In both cases there are to many hands that beat you and the pots not big enough to contest. In hand two, I don't think I would call the turn.

WiteKnite

jay1313
10-07-2004, 12:36 PM
Hand 1 I would raise or fold, probably fold, on the flop, I am chasing a teeny backdoor flush or the elusive 3rd 5, pot is small, I am out of there.

Hand 2 I don't even see the flop. Fold.
Since you called, I don't see your backdoors adding up to a lot, the ace is paired somewhere, Fold.

SomethingClever
10-07-2004, 12:39 PM
Hand 1: Fold the flop. The pot is small.

Hand 2: KTo stinks. Don't play it, unless it's folded to you in late position and you are going to try to steal the blinds with a raise.

meep_42
10-07-2004, 01:15 PM
Hrm.

Well, on hand 1 I agree, raise or fold... I got roped in on the turn by picking up the gutshot... poor decision.

Hand 2 - I believe I had Slansky's preflop chart in front of me, but it may have been a bit loose for that (table was very passive in any case.)

Thanks for the responses...

-d