PDA

View Full Version : AJ against a loosie

MHarris
10-07-2004, 10:49 AM
MP1 in this hand is very loose and slightly aggressive post-flop. I've seen him raise, then either fold to a reraise or to a bet on a later street a couple times the last 2 orbits.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (8 handed)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG+1 folds, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, CO folds, Button folds, SB calls, BB folds.

Flop: (7 SB) 5/images/graemlins/club.gif, 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, SB folds, Hero calls.
I really have a hard time believing MP1 has be beat here. There's an awful lot of hands I suspect he'll make this play with.

Turn: (5.50 BB) 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, Hero......?

Call the turn? C/R and try to get him to lay this down like I've seen him do? I estimate that I'm good in this spot against this opponent about 50-60% of the time.

BigEndian
10-07-2004, 12:20 PM
3-bet the flop if you think he's raising with a worse hand. Then follow through on the turn with a bet.

- Jim

SheepCookers
10-07-2004, 12:51 PM
Interesting you said he is very loose but then don't belive he would play a deuce or a five. In low limit games A5 or A2 suited would cold call two bets in a hearbeat. Raising UTG with AJo seems a bit loose to me also.

MHarris
10-07-2004, 01:29 PM
The point I was trying to make with my description of Villain was that he raises more than occasionally on the flop or turn, trying to take a stab at the pot, then folds to any aggression. In other words, a habitual bluffer. So while there is a possibility that my opponent holds a 5 or a 2 here, the fact that he was aggressive doesn't mean that he does. He may make this play with T9s, QJ, A9, etc.

Alobar
10-07-2004, 01:38 PM
I dont raise AJo UTG, but I think its one of those plays that is prolly neutral if you are decent post flop.

given your read, 3 betting the flop is the best play if you dont believe him.