PDA

View Full Version : 2 Interesting-ish Hands

hockey1
10-07-2004, 10:13 AM
From a pretty juicy Party 15 table last night. A few overaggros and a few players who called down with anything. All comments appreciated.

HAND 1:

The preflop call was a little loose (maybe more than a little). Tell me if you think it was absolutely horrible. The thing I'm more interested in, though, is what you think of the flop & turn plays.

Party Poker 15/30 Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 4/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="CC3333">UTG raises</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="666666">7 folds</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (6.66 SB) 2/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, <font color="CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, UTG folds, UTG+1 calls.

Turn: (6.83 BB) 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 9.83 BB

Results in white below: <font color="white">
No showdown. UTG+1 wins 9.83 BB. </font>

HAND 2:

I'm particularly interested in what people think of the flop play on this one. The rest is pretty standard, I think.

Party Poker 15/30 Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG calls, <font color="666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP3 3-bets</font>, <font color="666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="CC3333">SB caps</font>, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, UTG calls, Hero calls, MP3 calls.

Flop: (17 SB) 2/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, UTG calls, Hero calls, <font color="CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, SB calls, UTG calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, MP3 calls, SB calls, UTG calls.

Turn: (14.50 BB) 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP3 calls, SB folds, UTG folds.

River: (16.50 BB) 3/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP3 calls.

Final Pot: 18.50 BB

Results in white below: <font color="white">
Hero has Ks As (two pair, aces and twos).
MP3 has Ad Js (two pair, aces and twos).
Outcome: Hero wins 18.50 BB. </font>

CanKid
10-07-2004, 10:21 AM
Hand 1:

[ QUOTE ]
Preflop: Hero is BB with 4, K.
UTG raises, UTG+1 calls, 7 folds, Hero calls.

[/ QUOTE ]

You really want to make a stand against those 2 particular seats out of position with a horrible hand? Fold pf

Hand 2:
I like the flop call cause it's a 0 draw board, and if SB is pushing a PP &lt; ace he should give you another bet on the turn (if MP3 hadn't raise)

Buckshot
10-07-2004, 10:38 AM
Hand 1. I think you can fold preflop, especially to an UTG raise.

Hand 2. I'm sure waiting until the turn to raise is fine since there isn't really a draw on the flop.

~stephen

cero_z
10-07-2004, 10:44 AM
Hi Paluka,

Hand 1: I would only make that pre-flop call vs. very fishy EP raisers, when only 2 others are in the pot. You have a frequently dominated hand, slightly mitigated by its suitedness. I'm guessing the raiser was a nutty LAG, though, so OK. Post-flop, I like your play, as long as he's not one of those guys who bluff-raises the turn often in this spot (there are a lot of them in the shorthanded 15-30).

Hand #2: Since MP3 was UTG from hand 1 (right?), it seems like there's good reason to believe he'll raise the flop. If he doesn't, it costs you money, since there's no guarantee the SB will bet the turn again even if he's merely called by all those players. Once it comes back to you raised, re-raising is definitely right.

hockey1
10-07-2004, 10:47 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Hand 1. I think you can fold preflop, especially to an UTG raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ordinarily I'd fold preflop here, but (and I apologize for not including this earlier) UTG was (a) overaggressive on all streets -- his preflop raise could as easily have been QTo as AK; and (b) a poor player postflop. And UTG+1 was a calling station, whose call of the raise could as easily have been 97o as AK. Those factors together led me to chip in the additional SB, getting almost 6:1.

[ QUOTE ]
Hand 2. I'm sure waiting to the turn to raise is fine since there isn't really a draw on the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

I 3-bet the flop because I was afraid the flop raiser had a big pair (given his preflop 3 bet) and didn't want to risk having the turn checked through. On the other hand, given our relative position if he had bet the turn I would've trapped a lot of players for an additional BB.