PDA

View Full Version : Is this just a mess?

Bez
10-07-2004, 10:08 AM
Ultimate Bet 1/2 Hold'em (6 handed)

Preflop: Hero is CO with Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG calls, MP folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button folds, SB folds, <font color="CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, UTG folds, Hero calls.

Flop: (7.50 SB) 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">BB raises</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (5.75 BB) 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks.

River: (5.75 BB) A/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 7.75 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 7.75 BB, between BB and Hero.</font>

I never knew where I was in this hand. Is betting the flop too aggressive given the pre-flop action? Should I be raising this river?

cjromero
10-07-2004, 10:19 AM
Did you have any kind of read on the BB and what hands he might 3-bet with?

I would have checked/called the flop. You had 2 overcards and a backdoor nut flush draw. When the Ace comes on the river, I would raise. If he 3-bets and turns over AK, so be it.

Peter Harris
10-07-2004, 10:26 AM
i'd raise the river.

depending on BB's raising requirements and c/r capacity, i bet the flop after BB checks. But this is player dependent. My river bet after a turn check is standard, and if it's AK, bummer. It could be 99/TT.

Regards,
Pete Harris

Bez
10-07-2004, 10:35 AM
My opponent had just sat down so I had no read. He raised the flop then checked when a nothing card came? Do you think he'd raise trying to get a free card when he's out of position? I found it very hard to put him on a hand hence merely calling.