PDA

View Full Version : $2-4 Hand, KK with a paired board & 3-flush on the river

ChicagoTroy
10-07-2004, 10:04 AM
Pretty straightforward until the river, what's the right play and why?

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop: Hero is BB with K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif. UTG posts a blind of $3.
UTG (poster) checks, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, <font color="CC3333">CO raises</font>, Button calls, SB folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, CO calls, Button calls.

Flop: (13.33 SB) T/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif, T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, CO folds, <font color="CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, UTG+1 folds, Button calls.

Turn: (10.16 BB) 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls.

River: (12.16 BB) 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
Hero ?????
Current Pot: 12.16 BB

Fnord
10-07-2004, 10:18 AM
Any read on the button? What's his range for calling 2 cold? VP$IP?

Check/call if you got to see it. Tx owns you, flush draw got there. I don't think you're good here more than 50%.

dejableu
10-07-2004, 11:11 AM
A good question. I like a bet on the river. I think a flush is much more likely than Tx. Tx should have either capped the flop or raised the turn. A four-flush could very well raise the flop for a free card and then call down until the river.

In any case, I bet because I think you will often be up against a 6 or a much worse pocket pair. I would be surprised if your hand held up less than 50 percent of the time.

Also, if your opponent has Tx, he is very unlikely to raise because he is wary enough to have slowed down on the flop and turn. I only see you getting raised by a flush (or unlikely full house), so I bet and probably fold to a raise unless I think that the button is tricky enough to put a move on me.

ChicagoTroy
10-07-2004, 11:19 AM
He has 87o with no spades, chasing the inside straight. MHIG, and demonstrates why I am having a hard time identifying when to hand read and when not to at this limit. Getting a pretty good number of notes on these players, which helps.