PDA

View Full Version : TT against a LAG and an unknown

Guido
10-07-2004, 07:12 AM
Party Poker 10/20 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed)

Preflop: Guido is CO with T/images/graemlins/spade.gif, T/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="CC3333">UTG <font color="purple">(LAG)</font> raises</font>, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="CC3333">Guido 3-bets</font>, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="CC3333">SB caps</font>, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, UTG <font color="purple">(LAG)</font> calls, Guido calls.

Flop: (13 SB) Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">LAG raises</font>, Guido folds...

Good fold or not?

Thanks,

Guido

chio
10-07-2004, 07:46 AM
LAG's raise doesn't mean much. board isn't that dangerous for you. i'd 3bet and see what UTG does

spydog
10-07-2004, 07:56 AM
LAGs raise probably means he doesn't have a Q, since most LAGs play monster hands passively until the turn (at least in my experience). If you 3-bet you may get SB to fold AK, JJ, and maybe KK/AA (well, probably not). Also, if you 3-bet and SB caps, then you can check-fold the turn if your T doesn't hit. I like this flop and don't want to give up easily.

Guido
10-07-2004, 08:06 AM
what if I 3-bet, SB caps and LAG calls.

Turn: 2 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

It's checked to you. What do you do?

Thanks,

Guido

Peter_rus
10-07-2004, 08:16 AM
Too little information to fold safely IMO. I would 3-bet and if SB caps - then it's time to fold.

Peter_rus
10-07-2004, 08:18 AM
I bet and call a raise if it was LAG's raise, fold if unknown.

chio
10-07-2004, 09:07 AM
[ QUOTE ]
what if I 3-bet, SB caps and LAG calls.

Turn: 2 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

It's checked to you. What do you do?

[/ QUOTE ]

bet. do not check this through and let an A K or J hit on the river. can fold if SB c/r, even with the big pot

PokerNoob
10-07-2004, 12:55 PM
SB sure looks like an underpair trying to get rid of LAG's overcard(s). Bet and call his checkraise. Seems like he would bet out here with an overpair or a Q, hoping for LAG's raise to build his pot. Then again, he may just be in calldown with an overpair, hoping LAG doesn't make it real expensive for him to see somebody's trip queens.

chio
10-07-2004, 01:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
LAG's raise doesn't mean much. board isn't that dangerous for you. i'd 3bet and see what UTG does

[/ QUOTE ]

sorry i meant to say see what unknown (SB) does

Stormwolf
11-09-2004, 09:40 PM
Seems like its much better to call and try to get a better read on the turn/check-fold to an ace-king. I'm not sure what will you accomplish by 3betting, SB wont fold a decent pair, never mind a queen, but will fold anything your ahead, lag will also probably fold his bluffs but call with a queen or some sort of of backdoor straight/flush. I'm curious what others think about this hand

Benjamin
11-10-2004, 11:26 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Seems like its much better to call and try to get a better read on the turn/check-fold to an ace-king. I'm not sure what will you accomplish by 3betting, SB wont fold a decent pair, never mind a queen, but will fold anything your ahead, lag will also probably fold his bluffs but call with a queen or some sort of of backdoor straight/flush. I'm curious what others think about this hand

[/ QUOTE ]

You are very happy to get SB to fold AK there by 3-betting. Your tens are quite possibly ahead here, but are vulnerable to a A,K, or J. If LAG folds too, then that's great, but I'd expect him to call with anything there thinking if he pairs a hole card he might win. He could also continue being aggressive with an underpair to yours, or on a straight out bluff.

B.