PDA

View Full Version : two short handed NL hands

01-15-2002, 08:40 PM
as often as i can, i play in a NL game with a maximum $50 buy in (with rebuys anytime your stack dips under 50). the blinds are 2-4. there are two hands below that i implore you to help me with.

hand #1 i have about $150.

six handed. all fold to Button, who raises to 10. LB calls, i call with Ac9d.

flop comes: T95 all clubs. ¿¿What do you do??

we all check.

turn: 9. LB bets $40 out of his stack of $200. ¿¿What do you do??

i go all-in. both players fold.

hand #2 4 handed. i have $180. to my immediate left is a slightly too loose, aggressive player with $120. next to him is a more loose, slightly less aggressive player with about $200. the final player at the table is very solid, selective, and aggressive with about $400.

red AA under the gun. i open for 12, which is a standard pre-flop raise in this game. the L/A button calls, both blinds fold.

flop: 4,6,3 one diamond two hearts. i check to the aggressive player who bets out 10. i raise to 30. he calls.

turn: 9d. i bet thirty, he raises thirty. it's impossible to put him on a hand, but the str8 seems unlikely as he is much more selective than 5-7, and A2 is unlikely. i figure that he has a nine. i call. ¿¿What do you do??

river: 10d. i check, he bets 30. i´m not worried about the flush, or the str8. i know this player's betting habits pretty well. i know that he would likely have gone all- in on the turn with anything like top 2 pair or trips. i can't figure it out, so i make call without really having the remotest idea of what he could have. i just felt that i couldn't lay it down for another 30. ¿¿ what would you do??

results: he tosses his hand in the muck, and announces that he has absolutely nothing. elated yet puzzled, i scoop.

i look forward to reading your comments!

marlow

01-15-2002, 10:28 PM
#1. I would fold the A9. Playing out of position against a preflop raiser in no limit holdem with a baby ace is not a profitable spot to be in.

#2. You'll probably get varied opinions on how to play this hand, but I definately would have bet more on the turn. You bet $30 into a $90 pot, thats just not enough.

Since you had two loose/aggressives to your left, and one of them was the button, did you consider limp/reraising your AA utg?