PDA

View Full Version : Good fold

01-14-2002, 04:53 PM
I'm playin microblind NL on PokerStars. I limp in with 9T against two opponents. flop is 8TJ, so I bet out the pot with my pair/open-ender, both call. Turn is a blank, so I check to a probable better pair, nobody bets. seven of hearts comes on the river completing my one card straight and a backdoor flush on board. I bet out 1 dollar (into a 3 dollar pot), and get raised 2 more, then 2 more again. I fold for 4 dollars here. Both opponents split the pot with the 9 for the straight (neither even had the queen). Did I fold correctly here?

-MD

01-14-2002, 06:45 PM
With the flush getting there it is a trickier situation. I probably grit my teeth and call since the raises do not scream flush. This is where knowing the players really helps. Would they bet a flopped straight on the flop/turn or wait for the river? Would they make a bigger raise on the river with a flush or would they keep it lower to get 2 callers?

Ken Poklitar

ohKanada@hotmail.com

01-15-2002, 01:43 AM
the best you can hope for is a two way split, but it's likely they both have you tied or beat. fold and let them have your dollar.

you should be playing to double up, not to win nothing pots.