PDA

View Full Version : Hilton sisters, to aggresive with the ladies?

The_Tracker
10-07-2004, 03:53 AM
Not sure if I should have been more or less aggressive here.

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (9 handed)

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, MP1 folds, <font color="CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, CO folds, Button folds, SB calls, BB folds, UTG+1 calls, <font color="CC3333">MP2 caps</font>, Hero calls, SB calls, UTG+1 calls.

Flop: (17 SB) 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif, T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, Hero calls, SB calls, UTG+1 calls.

Turn: (10.50 BB) 3/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB folds, UTG+1 folds, <font color="CC3333">MP2 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (16.50 BB) 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 18.50 BB

nothumb
10-07-2004, 04:02 AM
Given that he capped pre-flop, I think you need to raise the flop, hoping to knock players out, and then call down. He most likely has an overpair or AK, but you can't let go yet.

NT

The_Tracker
10-07-2004, 04:06 AM
I thought I was taking a page right out of SSH about raising on the turn instead of the flop (when a rag hits) to make it to expensive for the draws.

Point taken though.

nothumb
10-07-2004, 04:19 AM
The reason I was thinking that you want to get to the river cheaply is that you are way ahead/way behind and this is sort of standard for a hand like queens given that. However you also do want to try and knock draws out. Since there are only 2 players I think it's better to go ahead and raise, because a turn raise might get 3-bet by an overpair and the pot is huge enough that almost anyone is calling anyway. I would make an attempt at it on the flop, then call down.

Just my .02, I can see how someone might not agree.

NT