PDA

View Full Version : QJs in the SB

zram21
10-07-2004, 02:12 AM
The button in this hand is Loose Passive preflop, but is aggressive post flop.

Party Poker Hold'em 6-max 1/2 (5 handed)

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q /images/graemlins/heart.gif, J /images/graemlins/heart.gif
2 folds, Button calls, Hero raises, BB calls, Button calls.

Flop: (6 sb) J /images/graemlins/club.gif, 8 /images/graemlins/heart.gif, 7 /images/graemlins/spade.gif (3 players)
Hero bets, BB folds, Button raises, Hero re-raises, Button caps.

Turn: (7 BB) 9 /images/graemlins/heart.gif (2 players)
Hero checks, Button bets, Hero calls.

River: (9 BB) 3 /images/graemlins/club.gif (2 players)
Hero checks, Button bets, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 11 BB

How did I do?

imitation
10-07-2004, 02:44 AM
You did goot standard I guess.

jasonHoldEm
10-07-2004, 03:12 AM
Anybody bet out on the turn? I know that's probably pushing it but you've got a lot of outs now, if he raises you again you can call and check/fold the river pretty easily I think (you lose 2 bets either way when you lose but you're going to gain quite a few when you hit your outs).

Or am I being too aggro?

J

JasonP530
10-07-2004, 03:20 AM
Not too aggro. Bet the turn, because you only lose to a gutshot ten, and thats not SO likely, plus you have at least 12 outs. Youre not going to get raised by 2 pair I dont think, so you may as well bet, especially if youre going to call. Dont know if I would have raised preflop though.

joker122
10-07-2004, 03:45 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Anybody bet out on the turn? I know that's probably pushing it but you've got a lot of outs now,

[/ QUOTE ]

I like that part.

[ QUOTE ]
if he raises you again you can call and check/fold the river pretty easily I think

[/ QUOTE ]

But I don't like that part. So I'm probably just calling down and checkraising if I hit.

edit - Come to think of it, I don't even see what a turn bet would accomplish here.

joker122
10-07-2004, 03:49 AM
With the button open limping (usually an abysmal hand) I think this raise is pretty standard.

imitation
10-07-2004, 05:32 AM
I don't see any reason to bet out the turn...like someone pointed out it means you lose the chance to CR the river if you hit the BD flush. Betting the turn, calling a raise and then folding the river is not a good line at all imo.

zram21
10-07-2004, 10:20 AM
Thanks for the replies.

Button shows (9 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 9 /images/graemlins/club.gif)

MHING.

fsuplayer
10-07-2004, 10:24 AM
check/fold the river pretty easily I think

You have to go to s showdown with this hand on this board.

fsuplayer

StellarWind
10-07-2004, 04:22 PM
Key question for those who would bet the turn:

What hand caps the flop that you are ahead of on the turn?