PDA

View Full Version : Monday the 11th in AC - Borgata & Taj

MisterKing
10-07-2004, 12:31 AM
Any 2+2ers going to be out in AC on the 11th? Planning on hitting Borgata, and perhaps also Taj for a few hours day and evening. Since its a holiday, I imagine the crowds might be intense.

A few questions, to boot:

1.) Can I call ahead (1 hour? 2 hours?) to get on the list at Borgata? I've played there before but just did the list live. I know it gets long so I'm trying to find ways to work around that.

2.) Weekly tournaments -- Borg. has a $60+15 NL on Monday evenings... does Taj or Trop have anything on Mondays? Taj's web site has no listings for after the 8th, when their big event ends.

3.) If I can break even in the NL$100's in Vegas (Excal, Luxor), do I stand a chance in the NL$300 at Borgata? As an online player, I'm at 1/2 shorthanded (limit, not NL -- though I do occasionally play the NL$50 games and do fine) and keep between 300 and 400BB in the roll, cashing out any excess. So I can take a full buy-in hit and not sweat it too much, but certainly couldn't take two. Is there any point in buying into this game with $150 or $200?

Many thanks for advice/rec's.

Al Capone Jr, if you're out there, I'm the guy who identified you out of the blue at Excalibur in August (albeit while saying I thought "Al Capone Jr" was some other, gangster looking guy.)

slamdunkpro
10-07-2004, 02:47 PM
I'll be in AC the 11th through the 15th.

[ QUOTE ]
1.) Can I call ahead (1 hour? 2 hours?) to get on the list at Borgata? I've played there before but just did the list live. I know it gets long so I'm trying to find ways to work around that.

[/ QUOTE ]

Phone ins are tough unless you know one of the brushes

[ QUOTE ]
2.) Weekly tournaments -- Borg. has a $60+15 NL on Monday evenings... does Taj or Trop have anything on Mondays? Taj's web site has no listings for after the 8th, when their big event ends.

[/ QUOTE ]

The Taj has a $100 + 20 no rebuy on Monday at 7pm - this is a great tournament. If we get up in time look for me in this.

[ QUOTE ]
3.) If I can break even in the NL$100's in Vegas (Excal, Luxor), do I stand a chance in the NL$300 at Borgata? As an online player, I'm at 1/2 shorthanded (limit, not NL -- though I do occasionally play the NL$50 games and do fine) and keep between 300 and 400BB in the roll, cashing out any excess. So I can take a full buy-in hit and not sweat it too much, but certainly couldn't take two. Is there any point in buying into this game with $150 or $200?

[/ QUOTE ]

The BOrg 1/2 NL ranges from a rock garden to pretty wild, but if you play solid poker you should be OK.

PM me if you want to try and hook up on Monday.