PDA

View Full Version : 1-2 pot limit omoha hilo

01-13-2002, 04:56 AM
This is at ultimatebet. I don't really know what I'm doing, but I thought I'd give it a go. I ran over the game when it was short-handed, since most of the players were not nearly aggressive enough, but I made a fatal mistake later.

Dealt 4s Ac 2c 2d in the big blind. 3 callers, SB calls, I raise $10. Agressive player calls, somewhat tight player who calls too much after the flop calls, and new player calls.

Flop is Qs3d5c. I bet $50. I was looking at my nut low draw with counterfeit protection, plus nine outs to a straight. This may have been the first error.

Aggro player calls, one fold, and the new player moves in for a paltry $4.75 more. I call automatically, not realizing that this has reopened the betting (stupid UB). Aggro player puts in $40, so I need to call another $35 or so into a ~$250 pot. I call.

In retrospect, I should probably have put all my money in there, since I really don't want to have money out of position on the turn. I only ahve about $30 left, though, and I'm covered.

Turn is the Th. I'm feeling pot stuck, so I bet my last $30, and aggro player of course calls.

River pairs the 5, and I have nothing.

Aggro player has top set (now top full) with KQsQ2. Other guy has 2h3h4h6s, about the worst possible thing from my perspective -- he has a higher straight draw, kills two of my outs, and means that I chop the low on an A. I cannot win the whole pot from him without getting a running full or something wacky like that. On the other hand, it's also hard for me to be scooped by him, and I can easily get 3/4.

Though not if I don't hit at all.

So how many mistakes did I make? Apart from the initial game selection one, I mean.

- target