PDA

View Full Version : AKo TPTK trouble

DeathDonkey
10-07-2004, 12:10 AM
Table is loose and pretty passive. I think I overplayed this on the flop, but I thought I might be able to get an expensive free card with the cap. I can't drop this anywhere can I?

Thanks in advance,
DeathDonkey

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP3 folds, CO folds, Button folds, SB calls, BB folds, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls.

Flop: (9 SB) J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, T/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero caps</font>, SB calls, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls.

Turn: (12.50 BB) 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, Hero calls.

River: (16.50 BB) 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG+2 checks, <font color="CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, Hero folds, SB folds, UTG+2 calls.

Final Pot: 18.50 BB

JARID
10-07-2004, 12:54 AM
Donkey,

Yeesh, tough hand. I don't mind he flop cap for value here, but you're not going to earn any free cards. That intent is abit misguided.

The hand is tough because on the flop you might have the best hand, if you don't you have outs and re-draws to the best hand, but you dont improve by the river, but now the pot is big so it might justify just one more call.

It sure looks like MP1 was drawing and made it. I can't imagine what you beat here. Did you consider that you were getting 16-1 though?

-Jarid

edthayer
10-07-2004, 01:11 AM
Call the river. It's one bet. You lose a lot, sure, but it's top pair top kicker. You just might win once in ten times.

JARID
10-07-2004, 01:13 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Call the river. It's one bet. You lose a lot, sure, but it's top pair top kicker. You just might win once in ten times.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, perhaps 1 in 16 at least. I think I agree with a tears gushing call.

-Jarid

InchoateHand
10-07-2004, 02:13 AM
Regarding the previous posters reply--with two players to act behind you, and a card that puts a four card straight and the obvious flush draw here, unless you have reads of very very shoddy play, I doubt you are good 1 in 16 here. As such the fold is fine.

Chris Daddy Cool
10-07-2004, 02:51 AM
mp1 coming alive out of nowhere on an obvious 4straight-flush completing board makes this a fold.

Michael Davis
10-07-2004, 03:09 AM
Agreed, though I've witnessed otherwise, you're talking like 1 in 50 here.

-Michael

10-07-2004, 06:52 AM
How good is the flop cap if it's for value? Since i don't usually cap in this situation.

Would it still be good without the K /images/graemlins/heart.gif or if their was one less caller?