PDA

View Full Version : QQ, odd line.

BottlesOf
10-06-2004, 11:36 PM
Full tilt 8/16. The villain here is on the aggressive side.

He open raises in the cutoff. I 3-bet in the sb with Q /images/graemlins/heart.gif Q /images/graemlins/club.gif bb folds, he calls.

Flop: T /images/graemlins/spade.gif 3 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 4 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

I bet, he raises, I call

Turn: K /images/graemlins/club.gif [T /images/graemlins/spade.gif 3 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 4 /images/graemlins/heart.gif]

I check, he bets, I call.

River: 5 /images/graemlins/heart.gif [K /images/graemlins/club.gif T /images/graemlins/spade.gif 3 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 4 /images/graemlins/heart.gif]

I bet, he calls.

Alternatively, I could've 3-bet the flop and lead the turn. How would you have reacted to a turn raise here? What do you think of this unorthodox play?

Evan
10-06-2004, 11:47 PM
Seems like he likes his hand, but I still think yours is best. I say 3 bet the flop and keep firing unless the board gets super scary. Just out of curiosity, is this a line you've used before? I don't think I've ever played a hand like this.

sublime
10-06-2004, 11:54 PM
JBB-

I think you should either 3-bet the flop or led the turn.

I dont like giving the chance for a free card.

Nate tha' Great
10-07-2004, 12:24 AM
You've gotta 3-bet this flop, dude.

Chris Daddy Cool
10-07-2004, 12:39 AM
I concur with the Carpal.

BottlesOf
10-07-2004, 12:53 AM
Nah, I haven't really played like this before, I was basically mixing it up. I really didn't fear a free card as this guy didn't really check behind if he "liked his hand."

As it turns out, he had KQ, so there was nothing really I could do, but looking back, I don't know why I didn't 3-bet and why I felt the need to mix it up here.

Stellastarr
10-07-2004, 12:54 AM
I agree with the 3-bet on the flop.

BottlesOf
10-07-2004, 12:58 AM
Fine, that's the norm, I agree. Let's say I do that, he calls, and I lead the turn K, and he raises. Given my description, how often are you calling him down?

Nate tha' Great
10-07-2004, 01:14 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Fine, that's the norm, I agree. Let's say I do that, he calls, and I lead the turn K, and he raises. Given my description, how often are you calling him down?

[/ QUOTE ]

By default I think it's a fold. If the opponent were Chris Daddy Cool, I would call down or possibly 3-bet.

Seriously, these "how often is he bluffing" questions are very difficult. This will sound horribly un-2-plus-2 of me, but I think they're usually made best based on gut-feel. You should be more inclined to call down if you think he perceives you as a thinking player.

BottlesOf
10-07-2004, 01:15 AM
Not un 2+2 at all. These kinds of questions I wrestle with, and your thoughts are helpful.