PDA

View Full Version : T-T Hand Review

WSOP Bound
10-06-2004, 10:52 PM
Was this misplayed?

Hand #2748269-9063 at Northbend ($.25/$.50 Hold'em Kill)
Powered by UltimateBet
Started at 06/Oct/04 22:51:14

bunkya is at seat 0 with $28.25.
Hooker1 is at seat 1 with $1.75.
Jetsjuju is at seat 2 with $25.85.
nutNutNUT is at seat 3 with $7.55.
dsean is at seat 4 with $9.90.
wutnotz is at seat 6 with $21.45.
SONYA31 is at seat 7 with $27.65.
RothbauerD is at seat 8 with $16.35.
WSOPBound is at seat 9 with $25.
The button is at seat 0.
The partial kill button is at seat 4.

Hooker1 posts the small blind of $.10.
Jetsjuju posts the big blind of $.25.
WSOPBound posts out of turn for $.25.

bunkya: -- --
Hooker1: -- --
Jetsjuju: -- --
nutNutNUT: -- --
dsean: -- --
wutnotz: -- --
SONYA31: -- --
RothbauerD: -- --
WSOPBound: Td Ts

Pre-flop:

nutNutNUT calls. dsean calls. wutnotz calls.
SONYA31 folds. RothbauerD calls. WSOPBound raises
to $.50. bunkya folds. Hooker1 folds. Jetsjuju
re-raises to $.75. nutNutNUT calls. dsean calls.
wutnotz calls. RothbauerD folds. WSOPBound
re-raises to $1. Jetsjuju calls. nutNutNUT calls.
dsean calls. wutnotz calls.

Flop (board: 5d 7h Ac):

Jetsjuju bets $.25. nutNutNUT calls. dsean calls.
wutnotz raises to $.50. WSOPBound calls. Jetsjuju
calls. nutNutNUT calls. dsean calls.

Turn (board: 5d 7h Ac 6d):

Jetsjuju checks. nutNutNUT checks. dsean checks.
wutnotz bets $.50. WSOPBound folds. Jetsjuju calls.
nutNutNUT calls. dsean calls.

River (board: 5d 7h Ac 6d Jd):

Jetsjuju checks. nutNutNUT bets $.50. dsean calls.
wutnotz calls. Jetsjuju calls.

Showdown:

nutNutNUT shows 7s Jc.
nutNutNUT has 7s Jc 7h Ac Jd: two pair, jacks and sevens.
dsean mucks cards.
(dsean has 5c 4d.)
wutnotz shows 7c Ad.
wutnotz has 7c Ad 7h Ac Jd: two pair, aces and sevens.
Jetsjuju mucks cards.
(Jetsjuju has Ks Kh.)

Hand #2748269-9063 Summary:

$.50 is raked from a pot of $11.85.
wutnotz wins $11.35 with two pair, aces and sevens.
----------------------------------------------------------------

JasonP530
10-07-2004, 02:54 AM
Here are some problems I see, and ways they can be fixed. This is not absolute, but some things to think about. With a whole bunch of callers preflop, it is unlikely that your TT are going to be good without some help(a great board + noone having an overpair, or a set) With this in mind, you probably shouldnt cap it before the flop, as you are going to need a good flop to continue. This leads to the second part. With all that action before the flop, and the ace on the board, it is very likely that someone has a pair of aces or better. This is especially true at the lower limits where some people will play any ace. If someone does not have an ace, you could be losing to a higher pair(like the KK). Those scenarios leave you with only 2 outs, which are to hit your tens. It is not worth it to try to catch one on the flop or the turn, and you are certainly beat by the aces on the river. It is difficult to fold a good hand, but you are beaten, and must save money in this type of situation.

The Dude
10-07-2004, 04:34 AM
If you want us to take the time to give you input on your play, you need to take the time to translate the hand history into something more readable. You can do it manually, or use Bisonbison's converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi) to do it for you.

Welcome to the forum.

amax
10-07-2004, 08:38 AM
Hi,
My opinion is this:
First preflop raise is ok, since the pot wasn't raised.
Second raising the reraise, wouldn't have done it...but that depends on your read on the reraiser.

When the pot is rasied on the flop you got know that your TT is a looser. Only 2 outs (TT) for being pretty sure of winning the pot as mentioned earlier, gives you odds of approx. 1:23. As your pot odds only adds up to perhaps 14:1 after the reraise calling is wrong. /images/graemlins/crazy.gif

You should have folded on flop, and not reraised the reraise preflop as I see it.

/Capt

WSOP Bound
10-07-2004, 09:53 AM
After looking at the link that you attached, I realize that my thoughts were invalid. Somewhere along the line I got the impression that the hand converter was for Party hand history only. My aplogies for not converting this first, no disrespect was intended. Unfortunatly cutting and pasting the hand as posted here is not working in the converter or I would gladly respost it correctly. And I am unaware of a way to get the hand history from UB again once I have left the table.

WSOP Bound
10-07-2004, 10:07 AM
Thank you, this was about how I was thinking here to. Just goes to show how good advice can turn an experienced player into a fish very easily. I had read a post earlier in the week about playing decent starting hands more agressively when a lot of callers will build a large pot. I don't even know enough to be sure of what I misunderstood yet, but this hand (and a few others) have effectively demonstrated that I am not applying this philosophy correctly.

Us novices around here to be very careful about understanding every aspect of whatever advice we read before trying to implement it into our game.

DAA2277
10-07-2004, 12:19 PM
The main thing to pay attention to here is the fact that you were seeing a flop that,with 4 other people involved, was raised to $1 before the flop . The probability that someone out of the other 4 is holding an ace is relatively good, especially considering the limit at which you were playing makes playing a small ace less risky. After the flop came, there was an early position bet, followed by 2 callers and a raise all before you even acted. This action should have told you that someone must have an ace. Because you would be a huge dog to a pair of aces, you should have folded at this point. I know the stakes are low, however, with only 2 outs chasing here only turns into bad habits down the road. Folding after the flop was the best play here.