PDA

View Full Version : Can you believe this [censored]

Smokey98
10-06-2004, 09:34 PM
I can't believe this.

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (9 handed)

Preflop: Hero is CO with J/images/graemlins/club.gif, J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button folds, SB folds, BB calls, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls.

Flop: (8.50 SB) 6/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, MP1 folds, Hero calls, BB folds.

Turn: (5.25 BB) 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (7.25 BB) 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: 7.25 BB

Results in white below: <font color="white">
UTG+1 has Kc 4d (one pair, kings).
Hero has Jc Jd (one pair, jacks).
Outcome: UTG+1 wins 7.25 BB. </font>

huxbux
10-06-2004, 09:39 PM
Which part am I not supposed to believe? The part where at .5/1 players call with any face card, who in turn spew chips, thus making even half-way decent poker players money?

btspider
10-06-2004, 09:39 PM
I think you both misplayed 2 streets each.. although the turn is player dependent.

josh1122
10-06-2004, 09:43 PM
Raise the flop and things play out differently from there. And I believe that [censored].

Joe Tall
10-06-2004, 09:48 PM
Can you believe this [censored]

No, I can't believe how horribly you played this hand postflop.

Peace,
Joe Tall

Messy Harry
10-07-2004, 12:09 AM
How would you recommend Hero play this? Fold when Villain leads out on flop? Raise flop? Call/raise flop and fold turn unimproved?

Thanks.

DEvice
10-07-2004, 12:32 AM
5 way with J's pre-flop doesn't look so good in a microlimit game when larger face cards hit the board. I would have folded on the turn when he lead with a bet.

btspider
10-07-2004, 12:36 AM
raise the flop. you need to try to fold the BB and you may have the best hand.

given hero's flop call, the turn could be raised unless his opponent is very aggressive or tricky. this sets up a free showdown on another scare card or the potential to get another bet in when hero improves.. although most scare cards should probably still be bet on the river for value.

given hero's flop/turn actions, he can bet this river for value.. a K is less likely now.

Smokey98
10-07-2004, 02:14 PM
If I raise the flop and the turn he's still going to call.

Woodsie
10-07-2004, 02:18 PM
why wouldnt he? he has top pair with no flush or straight on the board.

you should be happy there are people like this playing...

Smokey98
10-07-2004, 03:09 PM
Ok, well that doesn't help me on that hand.

LowDown22
10-07-2004, 03:15 PM
There is nothing you could have done to win this hand. But you should raise the flop to drive out BB. And bet the turn if checked to, and probably even bet the river. The best play doesn't always win you the pot, but over time wins you the most money.

busguy
10-07-2004, 03:27 PM
read my lips, "NOTHING WOULD HAVE HELPED YOU WITH THIS HAND".

As been so effectively (apparently not to you) stated by almost every poster above.

1) You did what you should pre-flop

2) You could have played post flop much more effectively but ultimately could have done nothing to get the guy to fold his K.

3) Is he an idiot for limping in with a Kx off. Yup, but that is how and why you make money. This simple point seems to be the last and hardest thing that new players learn. It sucks when your AA gets sucked out by a 9 6 off, but do you think you are going to make more money off of him or someone who plays "properly'' ??.

my 2 cents

/images/graemlins/smile.gif busguy

kiemo
10-07-2004, 03:33 PM
Great poker played by a great poker player on that hand.

meep_42
10-07-2004, 04:05 PM
What about raising the flop and folding to a 3-bet? Then, folding to a turn bet if you don't improve (or taking the free card for the flush draw).

-d

eric5148
10-07-2004, 04:11 PM
This never would have happened if you had a pattern map.

Akimka
10-07-2004, 04:17 PM
When people start to got it right? Call just do nothing with this hand. Call in poker is acceptable in only one situation - you have chasing hand that may became winner and according to your pot/implied odds may stay in pot for one more bet.

In this case there no outs (other than imaginery 2 jacks). So you must show your strenght or fold. You are freighting K hand. It's ok. But fold is not an option. Only raise saves a day! Your opponent may:

a) fold hand that better than yours (QQ)
b) fold his K4 because he will afraid about weak kicker
c) he can slow down his hand because now je can put you on KK, 99, 66, AK and so on - so you will get free card or may be if you are lucky get free showdown.
d) If you are indeed on top you get your value bet. Your opponent can have anyting like other JJ, TT, AQ, flush draw.

and you gain information with your raise. If you got reraised you are against good hand - you can safery fold aftert third diamond falls on turn. If you get open-bet on turn from him after your raise you get information that he does not respect your raise so he had really good hand so you can fold or raise if J falls and now you are on top.

But with your call you just give him money. That's all.

k000k
10-07-2004, 04:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
c) he can slow down his hand because now je can put you on KK, 99, 66, AK and so on - so you will get free card or may be if you are lucky get free showdown.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're right, raise, on the flop when its cheap.. fold to a 3bet, or if he leads the turn.. If not, take your free card, when you do that, you're showing that you don't have it.. You won't get a free showdown, but you'll get 2 cards for our one-time-only guaranteed lowest price of 1 SB.

TheHip41
10-07-2004, 05:07 PM
I multi table .50-1.00 at Party. Running 4 tables, this happens about once every 20 minutes /images/graemlins/smile.gif And yes, I can believe it. that's why Party is so profitable.

TheHip41
10-07-2004, 05:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Can you believe this [censored]

No, I can't believe how horribly you played this hand postflop.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's awesome /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

TheHip41
10-07-2004, 05:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If I raise the flop and the turn he's still going to call.

[/ QUOTE ]

You realize this is how you make money right? Just cause he bets doesn't mean he has a K. He could have a flush draw, second pair, a trashy PP, or some kind of weird gutshot/flush draw combo. Raise this flop. If he three bets, you call, fold the turn unimproved. If he just calls, bet the turn and take a free showdown.

jaybee_70
10-07-2004, 05:36 PM
/images/graemlins/wink.gif

helpmeout
10-07-2004, 06:48 PM
I agree raise the flop and bet the turn if he has a weak King he may fold to aggression.

If he shows anymore strength then fold, I'd also take the free showdown. Sometimes he will show you MPTK type hands other times you hit a J on the turn or river.

Another thing is that when you show JJ people will see that you are aggressive without TPTK and that they can call you down hoping for JJ type hands when they have TP (good for when you have AK instead).

blackaces13
10-07-2004, 07:13 PM
Man, if this is the worst beat you can come up with you aren't trying hard enough. An overcard flopped and a guy had it, oh well. I get beat worse than that just about everytime I sign on.

Bez
10-07-2004, 07:20 PM
I haven't read all the other posts but this is not even a bad beat. 3 opponents and an overcard flops? This is unbelievable? You never seen anyone limp/call with trash at this limit before?

emonrad87
10-07-2004, 07:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
An overcard flopped and a guy had it, oh well.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's why i only play pocket aces!!! No overcards could possibly flop (or turn or river for that matter!)!!!!

/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /images/graemlins/laugh.gif /images/graemlins/cool.gif

emonrad87
10-07-2004, 07:30 PM
For your information, NO ONE CARES ABOUT YOUR "BAD" BEAT. IT HAPPENS ALL THE TIME. Grow up and deal with it. oh, and by the way, you jacks will lose 27.3% of the time against K4o heads up. That means against two other random hands your odds were even less to win that. Quit crying about it.

Smokey98
10-07-2004, 08:57 PM
Why are you wasting your time posting? f-off.

Michael Davis
10-07-2004, 09:11 PM
Smokey,

Why are you still playing here? There are so many other options. Check out Poker Stars or Paradise or something.

-Michael

EliteNinja
10-07-2004, 10:14 PM
I can't believe it either (the passive way you played the hand, that is)!
With 249 posts here, you must have played enough to run into this situation at least umpteen times!

Raise or (if with a read) fold the flop, man! You chose the worst out of 3 choices.

Smokey98
10-07-2004, 11:02 PM
I was just making a statement. That's all. I post to relieve stress. If you do bring yourself to reading it, that doesn't mean you have to post

EliteNinja
10-08-2004, 05:09 PM
So that's why you have 282 posts!
You don't have to read our replies either.

radek2166
10-08-2004, 05:44 PM
yes I can believe it. Did you say anything besides NH to the gy that beat you?

emonrad87
10-08-2004, 06:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Why are you wasting your time posting? f-off.

[/ QUOTE ]

If I'm wasting my time by responding in a mathematical and completely valid way, what do you want? Do you want no one to respond to your posts? My assumption was that people but hands on this forum in order to recieve feedback on them. I guess thats not what you want tho, so please everyone, listen to him and ignore his posts!!!