PDA

View Full Version : AA laydown against paired board

ecooke
10-06-2004, 08:52 PM
I've been four tabling and have no reads or notes on this table. If the SB folds on the flop I'd have made it three to go.

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, MP3 folds, CO folds, Button folds, SB calls, BB folds.

Flop: (7 SB) K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, SB calls, Hero folds.

Turn: (6 BB) K/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">SB raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP2 3-bets</font>, SB calls.

River: (12 BB) Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, SB calls.

Final Pot: 14 BB

Entity
10-06-2004, 09:02 PM
I think you let go of this wayyyyyyyyyy too easily. I'd 3-bet (and call a cap), then checkraise the turn and call down if 3-bet. This flop isn't nearly as ugly as you seem to think.

Rob

flexus
10-06-2004, 09:16 PM
awful, horrible, terrible flop fold. a nine raises you here, aswell as pocket pair higher than nines, aswell as QT or QJ and I have not even mentioned a flush draw. Folding here is a huge error. 3-bet the flop and against some opponents even checkraise the turn if he caps the flop. An overwhelming majority of the time you will have the best hand on the flop.

huxbux
10-06-2004, 09:59 PM
This hand makes me cringe. As said, horrible lay down. There's plenty of hands that your ahead of here. Just because someone shows aggression on a scary board doesn't mean diddly. Grow a spine and bet, damn it!

Huhmare
10-20-2004, 08:21 PM
WTF is this player thinking? I do that kinda plays constantly with flush draws. If I knew that somebody had folded his aces to one of my tricky raises, I'd Laugh My Ass Off.

JoshuaD
10-20-2004, 08:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think you let go of this wayyyyyyyyyy too easily. I'd 3-bet (and call a cap), then checkraise the turn and call down if 3-bet. This flop isn't nearly as ugly as you seem to think.

Rob

[/ QUOTE ]

Check raise the turn? Why?

helpmeout
10-20-2004, 09:21 PM
Weak as hell, if I had a 9 on that board I'd raise as well.

If he 3bets then slowdown and checkraise the turn. If he 3bets you on the turn then call down, no way can you fold this.

wabe
10-20-2004, 11:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Rob

[/ QUOTE ]

Check raise the turn? Why?

[/ QUOTE ]

Because you have KKKAA, and only a few hands beat you. If you have a known bettor behind you, let him bet and trap people.

Grease
10-20-2004, 11:57 PM
I'm cleaning the vomit from my computer screen as I type this.

JDErickson
10-21-2004, 12:03 AM
No way you can fold this.

3 bet the flop, if capped lead the turn. If called , Lead the turn.

If capped on the flop and raised on the turn I call down.

If called on the turn, lead the river and call a raise.