PDA

View Full Version : Aderol adderall

Anadrol 50
10-06-2004, 08:37 PM
Has anyone used this drug while playing poker. My brother who recently graduated college said it is popular on campus. He said that it is very easy to study and concentrate while on the drug and very hard to get bored. I think this would be perfect for poker, especially long sessions....

GuyOnTilt
10-06-2004, 08:41 PM
My former roommate used it for all-nighters or long poker sessions. The problem is that it's very psychologically addictive. In the past 5 years it's turned into a suburban street drug of sorts.

GoT

astroglide
10-06-2004, 08:41 PM
my girlfriend loves the stuff, it's basically a mini-stimulant from what i can gather

Anadrol 50
10-06-2004, 08:54 PM
nice....I think I am going to obtain some and test it out on my next trip to Vegas.....Any harmful side effects ?

willie
10-06-2004, 09:10 PM
bring water.

i used it when i first played, with bad results cause i was awful and still learning.

you will be able to bang out long sessions and i'd be pretty amazed if a few players at the large live multis were not using this stuff for the day long sessions.

it's pretty addictive, once i ran out, i never got anymore because i realized that i could burn through it waaay too quick.

Illininate
10-06-2004, 09:20 PM
Adderall is not physically addictive, but can be (and often is) psychologically addictive, especially when abused. It is an amphetamine - you might call it 'prescription speed'. As long as you don't binge on it, you should be fine.

astroglide
10-07-2004, 12:06 AM
she says coming down sucks, etc. it's like cocaine jr.

GuyOnTilt
10-07-2004, 12:28 AM
she says coming down sucks, etc. it's like cocaine jr.

Yes. That's what I've heard from people who use(d) it as well and why I decided to stay away from it.

GoT

astroglide
10-07-2004, 12:39 AM
the subject came up over dinner with her and a friend tonight, not a result of this thread. i'm curious about it in a "kickstart motivation" kind of way. like, if you took it for a couple days and did amazing things, you could possibly continue doing amazing things because of the results high.

and by amazing things i mean things like throwing your useless crap away and boxing the other stuff up because you're supposed to move in 2 weeks even though it's been delayed for over a month /images/graemlins/frown.gif seriously i do next to nothing productive other than working and playing poker. no laundry no dishes no shopping nada. constantly late on paying bills because of pure disinterest.

GuyOnTilt
10-07-2004, 01:28 AM
Hey Astro,

I suffer from the same disinterest/laziness a lot of the time. Adderall will most likely get you to do your neglected daily chores and stuff. I remember coming home to my roommate standing on top of my sofa vaccuuming it one day and I was like, wtf? I've never really considered going the drug route for self-motivation; guess I'm old-fashioned like that. I'm also a chronic procrastinator so that doesn't help either, but for me reading certain books on lifeviews and philosophy have helped, as well as getting someone to kick me in the ass when I need to do something. The Adderall very well could help you kickstart you out of the dulldrums you're in and is probably worth at least considering though. You also might consider that you may be going through a slight depression of sorts, and you may just need to decide to take some time off of poker (or spend less time on it) and get out and explore the world for a bit. Go out, be social, do things in your area you've wanted to, etc. I definitely do relate a lot to what you describe though.

GoT

J.R.
10-07-2004, 01:42 AM
"like, if you took it for a couple days and did amazing things, you could possibly continue doing amazing things because of the results high."

Nope, you'd come down and feel worse because of the highly agitated, restless, unable to sleep well phase you had just put your body through. You won't likely feel productive while taking aderol, you'll just feel compelled to continue doing things to respond to your general feeling of unease. Many poeple end up looking for a way to take of the edge, thicking the chemical soup in there bodies. I'd seriously advise going the GoT way, and even more so if poker is in any way due to what might be an addictive personality.

astroglide
10-07-2004, 02:14 AM
if it's depression i've been depressed my whole life. i generally neglect anything that is not a dire necessity.

Philuva
10-07-2004, 02:26 AM
Is it a street drug, otc or prescription?

GuyOnTilt
10-07-2004, 02:27 AM
Is it a street drug, otc or prescription?

It's prescription, but kids in suburbia are selling it on the streets.

GoT

Nemesis
10-07-2004, 03:40 AM
It is mixed amphetamine salts chemically. You have to get a new prescription every month to get a refill as it's a schedule 2 controlled substance.

billyjex
10-07-2004, 04:52 AM
I've never used it for Poker, but i've used it to party.

It's fun, it's effects are like cocaine. You are hyper, but you can concentrate, you just want to be doing something, thinking about something.

I think it would be great for poker. I'm in college too so access to it is easy. Next time I play a big PP tourney I want to try to use it because I think you could recognize betting patterns much better. Also, when playing online, I have serious trouble paying attention. I tend to turn the TV on, browse this site, etc.

Coming down, it's not as bad as cocaine. Cocaine is very depressing. Aderral, you want more, but it doesn't make you feel like absolute crap.

jomatty
10-07-2004, 07:54 AM
its similar to ridalin and i tried it with the expectation of it helping my concentration. unfortunately it made me very jittery and super talkative. i found i had a hard time sitting still and was running my mouth while i should have been concentrating on other things (not to mention annoying my opponents even more than normal as im talkative by nature) when i was younger it was prescrbed to me for ADHD so i thought it would help, but i think when its only being used sporadically it has too strong an affect and a lot of negatives that adversely affect your game
matty

The once and future king
10-07-2004, 08:23 AM
Surprised that no has brought up the obvious which is the difference between subjective and objective measures of performance when using stimulants such as caffeine, speed and cocaine.

The proof is conclusive that whilst in your own opinion your performance is enhanced, this is actualy an illusion created by the drug.

Objective analysis of performance shows that the subjects actual perfomance is inhibited by use of these drugs.

Of course you can stay awake at lot longer but dont think you can stay awake longer and play well.

gcoutu
10-07-2004, 09:43 AM
I have a buddy that takes the stuff all the time (not legally) and I think he is for sure addicted. It makes you super talkative and I think you have a hard time remembering things. You may do well in the moment, but you act like a junkie (contsant yapping and cottonmouth). When I used it, I took half a dose and it charged me up. It is basically speed and unhealthy. We take it to Vegas since we don't sleep for days at a time, but otherwise it is pretty bad for you.

turnipmonster
10-07-2004, 12:21 PM
I am a little bit like this as well. I am kind of obsessive about music and running/swimming, and basically if I miss a day of practice I completely freak out. whereas I can go for weeks without doing laundry.

--turnipmonster

GuyOnTilt
10-07-2004, 12:24 PM
whereas I can go for weeks without doing laundry.

This is how lazy I am about laundry: I pay someone $100/month to do my laundry and dry-cleaning once a week.

GoT

nothumb
10-07-2004, 12:34 PM
Exactly. Well said.

I played on Ritalin at Foxwoods before and you really need to restrain yourself and play tight. You want to play every hand and your confidence/eagerness are out of control. Luckily for me I was still kind of sleepy so the high was somewhat mitigated.

There are very few situations where I think it's necessary to take drugs to play all night. It would have to be a ludicrously good game and you would have to be an experienced player.

Taking drugs and playing all night is binge behavior. I've done it and so have a lot of people, but I think it's best to identify it as what it is. I'm not trying to get all uptight about it, just being frank.

NT

Sponger15SB
10-07-2004, 12:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
whereas I can go for weeks without doing laundry.

This is how lazy I am about laundry: I pay someone $100/month to do my laundry and dry-cleaning once a week.

GoT

[/ QUOTE ]

I've got the same lazy problem when it comes to laundry, I've tried offering my broke college friends $2 a load to come pick it up and stuff but nobody has bit so far. I'm still working on having the girlfriend do it for me though.

MrGo
10-07-2004, 02:23 PM
How does one get a prescription? Like you, I am often lacking motivation to clean and/or pay attention to things in detail. I feel this would help my poker game quite a bit!

Any info would be great /images/graemlins/smile.gif

GuyOnTilt
10-07-2004, 02:28 PM
I feel this would help my poker game quite a bit!

It probably would, but if you read through this thread you'll see it probably would be detrimental to the rest of your life. To get a prescription, just go to a doctor and get them to say you have some sort of attention deficit disorder. Say you have trouble concentrating for extended periods of time, it's affecting your performance in classes, etc. That's what my former roomie did at least.

GoT

Illininate
10-07-2004, 02:32 PM
If you are highschool/college aged, it shouldn't be too hard to fake ADD to get a prescription. If you wanted to, you could read up a lot on the internet on the symptoms of ADD, and then go to your doctor and try to reproduce those symptoms as best you can. Many people do this to get Adderall.

But I'm not recommending it, because it would be illegal.

edit: But judging by your location, you're an Astros fan, so the legality of the issue shouln't phase you.

MrGo
10-07-2004, 02:33 PM
I have read the thread and, IMO, any controlled drugs can't be good for you, regardless of what they are. This is why they are controlled. But I do admit that I like to experiment, so... I might take a shot and see what happens.

Not in high school/college - 26 years old. Almost though! lol

Thanks.

Asufiji2004
10-07-2004, 05:43 PM
This drug is no laughing matter. It is basically pharmaceutical grade speed for people with A.D.D. On that note, if you need to pull an all nighter I highly recommend.

Blarg
10-07-2004, 06:04 PM
Actually, while subjects opinions of their performance many not be accurate while under the influence, cocaine has been found to increase performance.

The thing is, you wind up using up neurotransmitters and their precursors such as acetylcholine chemicals cocaine and the increase in performance comes down sharply. More sharply than a user's ability to detect it.

Blarg
10-07-2004, 06:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
if it's depression i've been depressed my whole life. i generally neglect anything that is not a dire necessity.

[/ QUOTE ]

Neglecting things to that extent is indeed a strong indicator of depression. And depression can be lifelong.

Billy Baroo
10-07-2004, 09:24 PM
It makes your boogers blue for several days if you snort it.

astroglide
10-07-2004, 10:43 PM
trust me i'm just lazy because i don't see it as important

BusterStacks
10-10-2004, 04:39 AM
cocaine is awesome, but not for poker. Aderall is teh sweet for day to day activities.

Porcupine
10-10-2004, 03:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm the same way as you and GoT. Over the past few years, I've become extremelt uninterested in what I consider "domestic crap". A partial list of "domestic crap" includes: paying bills, updating my address (have moved a lot recently), resolving BS disputes with old landlords, unpacking things after moving, etc.

NLSoldier
10-10-2004, 07:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL, ive been at school for like a month and a half and have done laundry twice. Where can i sign up for this service!?!?!