PDA

View Full Version : Omaha Hi low pot limit at UB

01-11-2002, 08:59 PM
I think someone here who is regarded as a good player made a big mistake i am not sure what do you guys think??

Situation:

Yaki $45 Holding: AdKd2s6s

Copacetic $245 Holding: xxxx

2+2yer $237 Holding: AKxx

The pot is about $40

Board so far 9 10 J Q (2 spades)

2+2yer bet pot $40

Copacetic Calls

Yaki Calls $40 and reraises all in anotehr $5

Top Gun calls

Copacetic Calls

River another spade Yaki scoops.

Here is the problem: When Copacetic calls, clearly he is representing a hand that is not the nuts. He could have 2 pair or a set or the low end of the straight. When Yaki moves all in i dont understand why the 2+2yer doesn't also bet the pot with the nuts and only calls the additional $5.

What do you guys think?? I believe that if the 2+2yer had played it differently he would have taken something back....

Thankyou for all responses,

MJ

01-11-2002, 09:16 PM
I still consider myself a pot-limit newbie, but I'm thinking this has to do with stack sizes. Yes, the 2+2er has the temporary nuts, but with those big cards, there's a lot of stuff that could come on the river that could beat him. If 2+2er has the table covered, yeah, go ahead and re-raise. You can't go broke on this one hand. However, he was covered by Copacetic (who also had position on him...). He raises. Now what to do if Copacetic plays back. There could be quite a few holdings, but all of them would include A-K, and most would contain 2 spades, 2 pair, or trips, giving Copacetic a free-roll. I think this was a good play by the 2+2er.

Just my inexperienced $.02

spanQy

01-11-2002, 09:45 PM
He can't raise according to pot limit rules, he may only call the $5 or fold. It is illegal to take further action from an allin bet where the allin bet constitutes a raise of less than half the initial bet.

Therefore the allin raise would have to be to a total of $60 or more for further action to be taken by the initial bettor. Some places make it so that no underbet can be used to take further action, and therefore the bet would have to be at least $80 in total for 2+2yer to be allowed to raise again.

I am not sure which rule is more commonly used but i suspect it is the 2nd version.

01-12-2002, 12:33 PM
You're right, but I'm not sure it works that way on UB. I think their software will allow a reraise off of an undersized all-in raise.

Later, Greg Raymer (FossilMan)

01-12-2002, 06:59 PM
An earlier version allowed further action, but this has now been fixed.

01-13-2002, 02:32 AM
Can I ask why you won't just name the "2+2er"? You named the other two players???

01-13-2002, 03:46 AM