PDA

View Full Version : AA is supposed to hold up 2/3 of the time, right?

o0mr_bill0o
10-06-2004, 07:55 PM
Because my pokertracker stats are scaring me. Everything is supposed to be off the expected average, but AA has been holding at exactly 66.67% win rate for a couple of months now. every week or half-week when i update everything, it just sits right there at 66.67%. I haven't played nearly enough hands for it to work out this close to the statistical average... oh well, better than it holding up 1/3 of the time, right?

Greg J
10-06-2004, 07:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Because my pokertracker stats are scaring me. Everything is supposed to be off the expected average, but AA has been holding at exactly 66.67% win rate for a couple of months now. every week or half-week when i update everything, it just sits right there at 66.67%. I haven't played nearly enough hands for it to work out this close to the statistical average... oh well, better than it holding up 1/3 of the time, right?

[/ QUOTE ]
Sounds like a good problem to have to me.

My PT states indicate that K6s is my best hand. I just started using it and my sample size is <400 though. Big whoop.

XPac
10-06-2004, 08:10 PM
Hmmm, looking at my data right now I have 18,825 hands in Poker Tracker and my AA have won 78.35 % of the time. That MUST be high, but hopefully it stays there as long as possible. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

bisonbison
10-06-2004, 08:24 PM
win chips, not pots.

SofaCoach
10-06-2004, 09:23 PM
I have 40,000 hands in PT and AA has held up 76% of the time. Just curious, how often does PT say that you PF raise your AA? Mine says 99% (one hand capped before it got to me /images/graemlins/smile.gif)

Bison is correct to advocate winning chips over pots, but I see quite a few players limp with AA to encourage more players into the pot. I'm sure this strategy gets your AA cracked more often but your pots won may be larger. I guess the true measure would be BB/hand.

o0mr_bill0o
10-06-2004, 10:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I have 40,000 hands in PT and AA has held up 76% of the time. Just curious, how often does PT say that you PF raise your AA? Mine says 99% (one hand capped before it got to me /images/graemlins/smile.gif)

Bison is correct to advocate winning chips over pots, but I see quite a few players limp with AA to encourage more players into the pot. I'm sure this strategy gets your AA cracked more often but your pots won may be larger. I guess the true measure would be BB/hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

I pf raise it 100% of the time... never had it capped before me yet. I just had heard somewhere that on average it's supposed to get beat 2/3 of the time, and i thought it funny that mine had held the average for such a long period of time. no focusing on pots over money here, just a funny observation i made while looking over pokertracker.

btspider
10-06-2004, 10:04 PM
it wins 1/3 of the time when 10 people see the river.
mine is at 76% and about +3.7 BB/hand.

Bukem_
10-06-2004, 10:08 PM
Would AA still be profitable if you raised it at every opportunity, regardless of anything else?

Or would you lose since people would get out of the way unless they had some sort of draw or made hand?

wabe
10-06-2004, 10:56 PM
Doubtful. Would you continue to raise AA on a KK5 flop with other bettors who call and raise your raises?

Let me edit this: if your search-fu was excellent, I'm sure you could find hundreds, if not thousands, of stories about AA getting cracked, even after capping preflop. Poop happens.

prayformojo
10-06-2004, 10:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Would AA still be profitable if you raised it at every opportunity, regardless of anything else?

[/ QUOTE ]

Uhhhhhh, you mean there's some other way to play it? Seriously, at micro-limits raising at every opportunity will get you the most money in the pot 90% of the time. Please tell me you're not limping rockets, or slowplaying sets, or any other nonsense that makes sense in only very very limited circumstances.

Bukem_
10-06-2004, 11:02 PM
That's not what I meant.

o0mr_bill0o
10-06-2004, 11:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Uhhhhhh, you mean there's some other way to play it? Seriously, at micro-limits raising at every opportunity will get you the most money in the pot 90% of the time. Please tell me you're not limping rockets, or slowplaying sets, or any other nonsense that makes sense in only very very limited circumstances.

[/ QUOTE ]

he's saying if you were forced to raise every time, no matter what, even if it were clear you were beat. At least i think he's saying that...

SomethingClever
10-06-2004, 11:03 PM
If anything, you've got room to grow at 66%.

prayformojo
10-06-2004, 11:34 PM
Ah. Nonetheless, I can't see AA becoming unprofitable if overplayed. No, you shouldn't start chip spewing, but you would lose far more playing weakly than raising a few too many times.