PDA

View Full Version : Any really bad mistakes here on a flopped wheel?

AlphaMeridian
10-06-2004, 07:31 PM
Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 5/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO calls, Button calls, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (6 SB) 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(6 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG+2 calls, <font color="CC3333">MP1 3-bets</font>, CO folds, Button folds, SB calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero caps</font>, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, SB calls.

Turn: (11 BB) J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, SB folds.

River: (14 BB) 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">UTG+2 raises</font>, MP1 calls, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 20 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 20 BB, between Hero, UTG+2 and MP1.</font>

I'm concerned about my river play. On one hand, I'm hoping my flop aggressiveness pushed the flush draw out. On the other hand, this IS party, and I can't really do too much to someone is is steadfastly resolved to see the river. The turn, where no one raised me, is interesting, because it makes me feel as if i should have reraised the river instead of just calling. Any thoughts?

-Alpha

Shalara
10-06-2004, 07:39 PM
I'd as soon not re-raise the river. I frequently see where people make a flush, and just call it to collect overcalls. Also, there is a possible though unlikely higher straight. I do 3-bet with a straight even if there is a possible flush when it I think my hand is likely the best, but I wouldn't be too comfortable with that here.

I play the rest of the hand the same as you did.

** Edited to say river instead of turn /images/graemlins/blush.gif

zuluking
10-06-2004, 07:39 PM
Fold pre-flop.

Bez
10-06-2004, 07:49 PM
I would not re-raise here. You may be splitting the pot and will be behind to a bigger straight or a flush more often than not. The fact that UTG+2 keeps on calling on the flop suggests he was on a draw. I think he most likely slow-played the flush. I think you played this perfectly.

Quercus
10-06-2004, 08:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Fold pre-flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

From the big blind? You must really hate this hand...

Naykedmage
10-06-2004, 08:25 PM
It always makes me smile when someone folds when they can check.

wabe
10-06-2004, 10:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Fold pre-flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

From the big blind? You must really hate this hand...

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe I should be asking this in the Beginner section , but if preflop is unraised, why shouldn't you check anything from the BB? Is it because you put yourself in crappy situations with things like A6o? Or is zuluking drunk? Or is the answer to both questions "yes"?

AlphaMeridian
10-07-2004, 10:42 AM
Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 5/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO calls, Button calls, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (6 SB) 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(6 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG+2 calls, <font color="CC3333">MP1 3-bets</font>, CO folds, Button folds, SB calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero caps</font>, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, SB calls.

Turn: (11 BB) J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, SB folds.

River: (14 BB) 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">UTG+2 raises</font>, MP1 calls, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 20 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 20 BB, between Hero, UTG+2 and MP1.</font> &gt; <font color="white">Pot won by Hero (20 BB).</font>

Results in white below: <font color="white">
Hero has 2d 5c (straight, five high).
UTG+2 has Th Jh (one pair, jacks).
MP1 has 2h Ad (two pair, aces and twos).
Outcome: Hero wins 20 BB. </font>

Okay, so here are the results. I took it down, but as everyone noted, I no longer hold the nuts - easily could have been blindsided by 56. OTOH, I can't for the life of me understand UTG+2's raise on the river with only a pair of jacks. Is he trying to bluff this, or see where he is? Or maybe he's fish so I shoudln't try to analyze this at all?

And no, I'm not folding any cards if it's unraised to me in the BB /images/graemlins/tongue.gif Had this been any other position, OTOH, yes, I would have folded.

-Alpha

Bez
10-07-2004, 10:54 AM
Zulu made this reply to at least 3 or 4 random hands, regardless of content.