PDA

View Full Version : Stop+Go makes me want to kick someone, what do you do here?

DrGutshot
10-06-2004, 07:15 PM
all my tables today were nothing special - classic a little too loose a little too aggro.

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed)

Preflop: Hero is Button with A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG calls, MP calls, CO folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB folds, BB calls, UTG calls, MP calls.

Flop: (8.40 SB) 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="CC3333">MP bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls, UTG folds, MP calls.

Turn: (7.20 BB) Q/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, MP calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls, MP calls.

River: (13.20 BB) K/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, MP folds, Hero...?

(I'm not asking if I should raise, just if I should call this).

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed)

Preflop: Hero is Button with A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG folds, <font color="CC3333">MP raises</font>, CO folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, SB folds, BB folds, MP calls.

Flop: (7.40 SB) 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">MP bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (4.70 BB) T/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">MP bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP calls.

River: (8.70 BB) 5/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">MP bets</font>, Hero...?

18Keel
10-06-2004, 08:03 PM
you played both of them bad. 1st hand it's better to call on flop and fold if you don't improve. Raising such a dangerous board against manyplayers with overcards is terrible.

Situation #2 is better to raise the flop to buy a free card. here you can raise cause you're up against less people.

-Eugene

DrGutshot
10-06-2004, 08:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Raising such a dangerous board against manyplayers with overcards is terrible.

[/ QUOTE ]

such a dangerous board? it's 862, 2 diamonds. I see your reasoning for calling, but I raise good overcards almost all the time - 90% of the time my outs are clean, and often they are betting into the raiser with a draw.

[ QUOTE ]
Situation #2 is better to raise the flop to buy a free card. here you can raise cause you're up against less people.

[/ QUOTE ]
to buy a freecard? I'm confused...why would I want to buy a free card when I have TPTK and it's heads up? Or are you still talking about the 1st hand? I was buying a free card on the 1st hand...Please explain.
-DrG

tempest7178
10-06-2004, 08:12 PM
1st hand: call flop, raise turn, call river

2nd hand i play the same. call river

i find these river bets to be bluffs a high % of the time

DeucesUp
10-06-2004, 08:17 PM
IMO, both hands well played. Call both river bets.

rory
10-06-2004, 08:59 PM
Both easy calls.

DrGutshot
10-07-2004, 12:25 PM
I called hand 1, he turned over 68o for toptwo on the flop...
I raised hand 2, I thought he would have 3 bet ATo, and I doubt that 5 helped him...he turned over AK as well and we chopped.
Thanks for the input
-DrG

meow_meow
10-07-2004, 01:02 PM
I think what is so annoying about the stop and go is that usually makes very little sense from the perspective of the one doing the s'n'g.
First hand for example, he should have check raised the turn, especially if he wasn't willing to 3-bet. I know the usual rationale for the s'n'g is to prevent a free-card, but if you think your opponent is drawing, why the stop?