PDA

View Full Version : Blind Defense Situation

AdamL
10-06-2004, 07:10 PM
I'm in the SB with K /images/graemlins/heart.gif7 /images/graemlins/heart.gif and a maniac is to my right on the button. It is folded to him and he raises, like he does all the time with just about anything.

I wanted to put in one BB to defend here. I want to see the flop cheaply, I can outplay him there anyhow. So I call.

Now BB re-raises, like I probably should have done. Maniac calls and I call. I miss the flop completely and fold after the flop gets bet.

Because of situations like this, is SB defense almost always re-raise or fold?

Rubeskies
10-06-2004, 07:23 PM
I'd say if the guy was a maniac and will raise with any 2 cards in this situation you are 3-betting for value as K7s is a much better hand than 2 random cards.

Also you want to try to isolate yourself with the maniac.

JARID
10-06-2004, 07:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Because of situations like this, is SB defense almost always re-raise or fold?

[/ QUOTE ]

The idea is to isolate the LAG, so yeah I'm gonna three bet from the sb if choosing to defend. Calling two cold always seems lame to me.

-Jarid

Chris Daddy Cool
10-06-2004, 07:55 PM
depends on the game and the blind structure

in a full ring 3/6 game it is almost never worth it to defend your sb. if you are to defend it is usually a 3-bet or fold situation. which hands you really want to push are up to you.

i play shorthanded 15/30 a lot where the blind structure is 10/15 where i call a lot rather than 3-betting if i want the bb to stay in as well to do some fancy trapping postflop.

AdamL
10-06-2004, 07:56 PM
Ok, makes sense. Thanks.