PDA

View Full Version : Holiday Horrors

01-09-2002, 01:20 AM
I have just returned from a couple of weeks on holiday, and my game has gone to the dogs. My judgement in totally off, when i run a bluff i find myself getting called my a bottom button, and not a single good hand will go called. The hands i am calling with trying to catch bluffs always run into at least middle set, where i used to have good judgement and a degree of control over the table.

My limit game however is prospering. Is it normal for nolimit play to drop away so markedly after a short break?

01-09-2002, 01:36 AM
same thing happens up here in montana when we go visit the sheep on holiday just as in new zealand. we come back hearts a flutterring and cant concentrate on poker for a while. next time stay away from the cute ones:)

01-09-2002, 03:46 AM
I thought that you were always ok as long as you wore velcro gloves and a red bush shirt

01-09-2002, 08:38 AM
since i have been reading the tan book..7cs and omaha hi/lo 8..my game is much stronger, but i notice when i drive by a field with sheep, i have a very strong compulsion, actually obsession to stop...almost caused an accident yesterday...and dontcha think cowboy boots are stylish and worth purchasing...????

01-09-2002, 01:02 PM
mostly only people that ride horses and wannabe types wear cowboy boots. most real cowboys wear a baseball cap and some kind of tennis or running shoes.

01-09-2002, 11:40 PM
Real Cowboys!! I thought real cowboys were called Goatroppers!