PDA

View Full Version : Technical Problem

The Dude
10-06-2004, 05:21 PM
Question for those of you who know more than me:

I bought a new computer system last month, and in the last week or so I've seen a glitch start to recur. Sometimes when I minimize a window, remnants of that window will stay up on my screen, and the only way to get rid of it is to bring up that window again then minimize it.

Is this a problem with my monitor or my computer?

ThaSaltCracka
10-06-2004, 05:53 PM
probably your computer. It happens to mine from time to time, not sure what causes it. It usually occurs with winamp for me though.

mikeyvegas
10-06-2004, 06:01 PM
Sure sounds like something is up with your operating system(windows).

wacki
10-06-2004, 06:01 PM
It's a software problem. More specifically the redraw funtion in some program/video card driver is malfunctioning. If you are using XP, linux, OSX, or UNIX, then it should be the some program and not the actual operating system that is causing the bug.

First, download and install all of the newest drivers for your computer. Then run only a few programs at a time to see what it is. Once you find out which program it is, either e-mail the vendor or reinstall the program. It might simply be something was installed right.

The Dude
10-06-2004, 06:07 PM
Okay, so how do I go about fixing the problem? I've only noticed it happening w/ Mozilla Firefox and my Party tables. Should simply reinstalling those programs fix the problem?

wacki
10-06-2004, 06:13 PM
If it is happening with Firefox and Party tables, then I would guess that it's something that they both share. Try the video card drivers. You might also want to reinstall DirectX. Also, with Firefox, make sure you have the most current version (thats probably unrelated). But as a same bet reinstalling those programs wouldn't hurt either.

I'm guessing some graphic library on the computer has to of been screwed up somehow.