PDA

View Full Version : Some Hands For Review

parappa
10-06-2004, 04:57 PM
1. I'm not sure about the flop bet. I think the turn fold is correct, but is my guesstimation that I have 6 outs to a maybe winner (3 5s and 3 Ts) and 2 outs to a probably not winner (2 9s). I'm putting this at like 4 outs total, which wouldn't give me the odds to call.

Paradise Poker 0.02/0.04 Hold'em (9 handed)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, CO folds, Button calls, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (7 SB) 6/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(7 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG folds, <font color="CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, Button calls, SB calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (9.50 BB) 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, MP2 folds, MP3 calls, Button calls, SB calls, Hero folds.

River: (13.50 BB) J/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, MP3 folds, Button folds, SB folds.

Final Pot: 14.50 BB

I think I should fold the flop here and that the call is horrible. However, I count my outs as 2 Js + 1.5 for the b.d. flush = 3.5. Pot is big enough if someone comes along behind.

In spite of that, I think that I'm most certainly beaten here, and I'm really tempted to find a reason to fold on the flop that didn't occur to me on the spot.

I'm happy to check the turn, of course, and I assume that there's no reason at all to call the river.

Paradise Poker 0.02/0.04 Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif. MP1 posts a blind of $0.02. CO posts a blind of $0.02.
UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 calls, MP1 (poster) checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP3 folds, CO (poster) folds, Button folds, SB calls, BB calls, UTG calls, UTG+2 calls, MP1 folds.

Flop: (11 SB) K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 3/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG bets</font>, UTG+2 folds, Hero calls, SB calls, BB calls.

Turn: (7.50 BB) Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, Hero checks.

River: (7.50 BB) A/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 10.50 BB

I just want to make sure that this is routine. Should I slow down for the second 4?

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with J/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, Hero calls, MP2 calls, MP3 folds, CO calls, Button folds, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (6 SB) 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP2 calls, CO calls, SB calls, BB folds, UTG folds.

Turn: (5 BB) 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP2 calls, CO calls, SB calls.

River: (9 BB) 4/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP2 folds, CO folds, SB folds.

Final Pot: 10 BB

Fold the Turn here instead?

Paradise Poker 0.02/0.04 Hold'em (7 handed)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with J/images/graemlins/club.gif, J/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP2 folds, CO folds, Button calls, SB folds, BB folds.

Flop: (5.50 SB) 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls.

Turn: (3.75 BB) 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Button raises</font>, Hero calls.

River: (7.75 BB) T/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 9.75 BB

It can't be right to call two on the river.

Paradise Poker 0.02/0.04 Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 6/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif. UTG+2 posts a blind of $0.02.
UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 (poster) checks, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, CO calls, Button folds, SB folds, Hero checks.

Flop: (6.50 SB) 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(6 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, UTG+2 folds, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, CO calls.

Turn: (5.75 BB) 4/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, CO calls.

River: (10.75 BB) 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG folds, <font color="CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="CC3333">CO 3-bets</font>, Hero calls, MP2 calls, MP3 calls.

Final Pot: 22.75 BB

I dunno.

Preflop: Hero is BB with 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif. UTG posts a blind of $0.02.
UTG (poster) checks, UTG+1 calls, MP1 folds, <font color="CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, MP3 calls, CO calls, Button folds, SB folds, Hero calls, UTG folds, UTG+1 calls.

Flop: (11.50 SB) K/images/graemlins/club.gif, J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, CO folds.

Turn: (7.75 BB) 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, Hero calls.

River: (11.75 BB) 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 13.75 BB

Thanks for any feedback I get /images/graemlins/smile.gif

prayformojo
10-06-2004, 05:10 PM
One hand per post please, unless there's a common theme or single question you want answered for each hand. This made me tired just scrolling through it.

parappa
10-06-2004, 05:12 PM
Oh, sorry. I wasn't sure what the etiquette was and didn't want to make six different threads. I'll do it that way next time /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Piiop
10-06-2004, 05:17 PM
Hand 1 - The flop bet is good. You have an OESD and your bet is for value because there are 6 other opponents in the pot. I would not fold the turn. You have 6 clean outs (non-heart 5's and T's) to a win, probably 8 (2 9s, the only way these aren't completely clean is if someone has a set, which is unlikely) and 3 8's which are tainted slightly. This is most definitely enough outs to call. Also, since no one raising the turn, it's unlikely anyone hit the flush.

Hand 2 - Flop call is good. Without the J /images/graemlins/heart.gif, it would be a fold. Like you said you have 2 J outs, 1.5 BD flush, and another .5 or so for BD str8. Thats 4 outs and you're getting 12:1 on your call and you only need 5.1:1. You might be beat, but that doesn't mean you should fold.

Hand 3 - I would usually fold this preflop, but it's not that bad. Your play is standard. There's absolutely no reason to worry about that 4.

Hand 4 - Without a player read, yes, fold the turn. The pot is small and if you're beat you're drawing to at most 2 outs.

Hand 5 - Well played. The river call is good. It's possible your opponents held onto some weird backdoor str8 draw or slowplayed sets, but your hand is strong enough that you should call.

Hand 6 - You flopped a monster. I would probably check the flop here and see what happens. Since there are the same number of opponents before the PFR as after, check-raising and betting out are both reasonable options. Since no one raised your flop bet, betting out is the only way to go. Did you have a read on UTG+1? Calling the raise is fine because if he has a K, it's likely he has you outkicked. There are no other players still in to donate, and if he's bluffing he'll probably fold if you reraise.

parappa
10-06-2004, 05:38 PM
Thanks very much. I've recently started trying to play accd to the SSH guidelines and graduate from being weak/tight. Some of the plays I'm making are very counter-intuitive and it's quite difficult to evaluate them myself.

helpmeout
10-06-2004, 06:34 PM
1. Bet the flop, fold the turn.

On the turn one of your cards turn up meaning if a T falls you tie with anyone who has an 8. You are also possibly against a made flush and with that many players your 8 of hearts wont be good if another heart falls on the river.

2. I fold this flop, 1 overcard is ok but 2 means you are beat especially against that many players. Get out cheap.

3. standard, dont slow down.

4. dont fold this heads up

5. I think you should fold unless your opponents like to bluff on the river. I am guessing a set or a straight.

6. standard

BTW posting 3-4 hands is ok 6 is a bit much though