PDA

View Full Version : Seattle Storm in the WNBA Finals!!

kerssens
10-06-2004, 02:49 PM
bleh......I find beaver ball pretty much unwatchable and totally uninteresting, any fans out there??

ThaSaltCracka
10-06-2004, 02:54 PM
booooooooooooooooooooooooo

I ashamed to know someone with season tickets...I question whether or not he has a penis. My guess is he is a eunic.

Uston
10-06-2004, 04:03 PM
The WNBA games are certainly no more unwatchable than the average NBA game of the past five years. Plus, Sue Bird is hot.

ThaSaltCracka
10-06-2004, 04:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Plus, Sue Bird is hot.

[/ QUOTE ] /images/graemlins/confused.gif

Boris
10-06-2004, 04:24 PM
I heard that Jay Buhner was dating three of the Seattle Storm chicks at the same time. I guess that makes him pretty cool huh?

ThaSaltCracka
10-06-2004, 04:37 PM
no, it doesn't.

ThePopinjay
10-06-2004, 06:01 PM
big fan here. sue bird and lauren jackson are realllly hot

RcrdBoy
10-06-2004, 07:13 PM
They are a hell of a lot more entertaining than the Sonics. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

The thing I find shocking about the WNBA is there appears to be more "thuggery" than in the NBA. There is WAY more clutching and grabbing and hacking and elbowing than in the NBA. Part of it is because the women's game doesn't have the same athleticism as the men's game, but some of it's charm is in it's under the rim, old school feel.

I went to one game last year, in Seattle and found it a lot more entertaining than I thought I would. It was way better than minor league hockey or A league soccer.

Of course, playing with a smaller ball than men still bugs the [censored] out of me. /images/graemlins/mad.gif They have to fix that.

Go Storm.

nolanfan34
10-06-2004, 07:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
It was way better than minor league hockey

[/ QUOTE ]

I was semi-with ya until that quote. WHL games are great. I haven't been to a T-Birds game yet, but when I lived in the Tri-Cities I went to Americans games all the time (when Scott Gomez played there), and they are a blast. I haven't been to a WNBA game, but I can't imagine it's better than live hockey.

In fact, when it comes to live sporting events, I'd rank hockey pretty high on the "fun to watch" meter.

kerssens
10-06-2004, 07:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I heard that Jay Buhner was dating three of the Seattle Storm chicks at the same time. I guess that makes him pretty cool huh?

[/ QUOTE ]

ridiculous

RcrdBoy
10-07-2004, 02:18 AM
I should have been more clear. It's better than the local WHL hockey. I haven't seen any other minor league hockey, but the whopping 3 games I have been to here have been less exciting than the 1 Storm game I've been to.

Where's sample size man when you need him? /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

bernie
10-07-2004, 03:56 AM
T-Bird games rock. Though i haven't been there in awhile. Cheap too! Used to be only $30 for the luxury seats.

b

bernie
10-07-2004, 03:57 AM
I heard the news.

Followed by the soothing sound of wind chimes and the sight of a tumbleweed rolling by.

b

'beaverball'...hahhaha

morello
10-07-2004, 06:37 AM
[ QUOTE ]
any fans out there??

[/ QUOTE ]

no. and I don't just mean me..I mean there are no fans anywhere.

wayabvpar
10-07-2004, 02:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I should have been more clear. It's better than the local WHL hockey. I haven't seen any other minor league hockey, but the whopping 3 games I have been to here have been less exciting than the 1 Storm game I've been to.

Where's sample size man when you need him? /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

If it was last year, I can see why you might think that (they sucked last year). Check out a Portland game (this Saturday is the home opener against Portland). Always intense, with lots of <ahem> extracurricular activity to entertain you if the score gets too lopsided one way or the other.

Row 18, here I come!