PDA

View Full Version : now what?

MoDOH
10-06-2004, 02:48 PM
Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (9 handed)

Villain in the hand is very loose. I have played 40 hands and he has a VP$IP of 60%...

Here is my thinking. Preflop I raise since I probably have got the best hand.
Flop. Not the best of flops but certainly a very playable one. I bet out hoping to get reraised. When it comes back to me I just call and hopes that the Turn is a good card for me.
Turn. Not a good card for me since itīs an overcard to my PP but not a scarecard either. I check and watch what happens. When it gets back to me I am thinking that the callers are on a flush or straight draw and the only one I could be behind is the BB. but could he be holding a 2? I decide to just call again as I would hate to get threebet by a 2 and no one is folding anyway...

River. a blank. great card if I was ahead on the Turn and not so great if I was behind. I decide to just check-call...

How would you guys play this one?

Preflop: Hero is SB with J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J/images/graemlins/spade.gif. MP2 posts a blind of $5. CO posts a blind of $5.
UTG calls, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 (poster) checks, MP3 calls, CO (poster) checks, Button calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, CO calls, Button calls.

Flop: (16 SB) 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(8 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">BB raises</font>, UTG calls, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 calls, CO calls, Button folds, Hero calls.

Turn: (13 BB) K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG folds, MP3 calls, CO calls, Hero calls.

River: (17 BB) 7/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, MP3 folds, CO folds, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 19 BB

Rubeskies
10-06-2004, 02:50 PM
I would either 3-bet this flop or bet into him on the turn. I sure as hell don't want to give some hearts or a straight draw a free card on the turn.