PDA

View Full Version : Back home again

dfscott
10-06-2004, 01:52 PM
For various financial reasons, I've had to liquidate just about all of my Poker BR, so I'm moving back to .5/1 for a while. I always felt more comfortable in this forum anyway, so I'm glad to be back.

Since this is my favorite forum, I'll post a hand with my favorite starting cards:

BB is very loose and passive, so he could have just about anything.

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with T/images/graemlins/heart.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif. CO posts a blind of $0.5.
<font color="666666">4 folds</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="666666">3 folds</font>, BB calls, MP2 calls.

Flop: (10.50 SB) 8/images/graemlins/club.gif, 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, MP2 checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, MP2 folds.

Turn: (6.25 BB) J/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (8.25 BB) A/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero ???

zram21
10-06-2004, 02:08 PM
Check it through. I can't imagine you would get called by a worse hand here and since he bet the turn he must like his hand some what so it seems equally unlikely he will fold a better hand for one more bet.

digdeep
10-06-2004, 02:08 PM
If there is any chance that he will fold, I would bet and fold to a raise. If you see him call down anything and everything, I would just check behind him.

If you are unsure whether he will fold, I would bet.

cab4656
10-06-2004, 02:20 PM
I can't see BB having anything other than a jack or a club draw. He took a shot at you on the turn with either his pair of jacks or his club draw. If you bet, BB will fold his club draw and call with his jacks. Checking behind seems right.

Reef
10-06-2004, 02:50 PM
One thing is for sure, an A will not fold. You MIGHT get a J to fold depending on the player. A club draw won't call here, so betting gains you nothing. If he's a calling station and will call down with bottom pair, go ahead and bet for value. In general, I like a river check here

BellyBuster7
10-06-2004, 02:52 PM
Unless you're positive that he'll fold his Jack, I'd check it.

detruncate
10-06-2004, 04:51 PM
Hello sir. Sorry to hear about life interveneing in your poker situation. I know what that's like. I'll probably have 100k hands of .5/1 under my belt before I officially move up. Anyway, we'll all benefit from having you back.

Villain's play feel an awful lot like a c/r attempt. I can't imagine why he'd think bluffing you on the turn would work after the ace flopped. He could be just trying to rattle your cage, but I'd guess he has AJ. Just check it through and plan to be more aggressive next time if he was messing with you.