PDA

View Full Version : presto, do I ever slow down?

jar
10-06-2004, 01:38 PM
Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (9 handed)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 5/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO calls, Button calls, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (5 SB) Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif, 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, CO folds, Button calls, SB calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG+1 calls, Button calls, SB calls.

Turn: (6.50 BB) T/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, Button folds, <font color="CC3333">SB raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, UTG+1 folds, <font color="CC3333">SB caps</font>, Hero calls.

River: (15.50 BB) 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero caps</font>, SB calls.

Final Pot: 23.50 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 23.50 BB, between SB and Hero.</font>

Sent
10-06-2004, 01:42 PM
Yeah you do, slow down on the river, there is a straight draw out there and SB didnt bet/raise the flop.

-Sent

digdeep
10-06-2004, 01:50 PM
Couldn't agree more. KJ is a popular hand and which SB may definitely have. Check call the river.

cab4656
10-06-2004, 01:57 PM
Bet out the flop. With an ace and a queen out, you are sure to get action. Though checking worked great this time, it'll be terrible the times you allow a free card.

Also, the river play depends on if you have any read on SB. If he'll keep raising with two pair, I raise the river and call a 3-bet. If he's not that crazy, I'd just call his bet. I think either way capping is excessive though.

jar
10-06-2004, 04:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Bet out the flop. With an ace and a queen out, you are sure to get action. Though checking worked great this time, it'll be terrible the times you allow a free card.

[/ QUOTE ]

The fact that I was sure to get action with the ace and queen out was why I went with the checkraise.

[ QUOTE ]
Also, the river play depends on if you have any read on SB. If he'll keep raising with two pair, I raise the river and call a 3-bet. If he's not that crazy, I'd just call his bet. I think either way capping is excessive though.

[/ QUOTE ]

I felt like I had a read on SB at the time but when I went to PT to get this hand I discovered he had only been there for 15 hands or so. I don't know if I was confusing him with the guy in that seat before, or maybe it was just wishful thinking. Fortunately for me, my psychic read was correct. He had AQ.