PDA

View Full Version : Laying down TPTK... on the flop?

edthayer
10-06-2004, 12:46 PM
Hero has A /images/graemlins/club.gif 8 /images/graemlins/club.gif on the button.

MP1 calls, everyone else folds, Hero calls, SB completes, BB checks.

Pot size: 4 SB

Flop:
8 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 4 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 5 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

SB bets, BB raises, MP1 folds, Hero folds...

If the pot were bigger, this would be a three-bet. But I just don't feel too committed to this little guy.

Rubeskies
10-06-2004, 12:49 PM
Anyone else besides me raise this preflop?

Bob T.
10-06-2004, 12:50 PM
I would threebet. But if you are going to lay this down, now is the time.

crockett
10-06-2004, 12:52 PM
I raise this pre-flop...am I wrong?

I think your fold is perfectly fine..but 3-bet is an option.

prayformojo
10-06-2004, 12:58 PM
I definitely raise this preflop.

Since you didn't raise pre-flop, the pot is pretty small. I think the fold is fine. I would 3bet with one club on board giving me a backdoor nut flush.

Rudbaeck
10-06-2004, 01:02 PM
I do, for what it's worth.

WDC
10-06-2004, 01:13 PM
This seems to be avery good flop for this hand; if you are not going to get involved with a flop like this I wouldn't even call the pre-flop bet.

I would three bet the flop. I am about 50-50 on raising preflop. It depends a lot on table texture.

EvanJC
10-06-2004, 02:22 PM
can somebody explain why this is a raisable hand preflop? strictly a position thing or am i missing something?

ElSapo
10-06-2004, 02:27 PM
The limper open-limped from MP. He's likely got a hand you beat. Make him pay.

One more limper and I limp also. But against one opponent you have a good chance of winning with a flop bet.

ElSapo

Seether
10-06-2004, 02:29 PM
There is only a middle position caller in the pot. Thus no one has shown any power. Your options with this hand preflop are really raise or fold because you have the best position and to really take advantage of it you need to be comming in for a raise.

lil'
10-06-2004, 02:44 PM
Raise pre-flop. Your hand figures to me much stronger than the average limper's hand.

3 bet the flop for the same reason.

If the pot were bigger, this would be a three-bet. But I just don't feel too committed to this little guy.
What are you playing A-8 for if you are going to fold it when you flop top pair top kicker against two people on a ragged board? Better off folding pre-flop if you are going to play it like that.

donny5k
10-06-2004, 03:13 PM
I agree, you're going to be up against 89 and a gutshot more often than a raggy two pair or flopped straight. You need more info than a bet and a raise to fold what is likely the best hand. The first bettor will likely fold and the raiser will call you down with a dominated 8 most of the time. You might even be up against A5 and 89 and might be able to value bet the whole way with 2 callers.