PDA

View Full Version : Bush's speech today in Pennsylvania

cjromero
10-06-2004, 12:16 PM
Whatever you think of President Bush and his policies, I thought some people on these boards might like to read the text of Bush's speech today in Pennsylvania. I am guessing that Bush supporters would have wanted him to make many of these points in last week's debate.

http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/releases/2004/10/20041006-9.html

MaxPower
10-06-2004, 12:24 PM
Those seem to be exactly the same points he did make in the debate (although in a less articulate way) and is making in all his ads.

cjromero
10-06-2004, 12:35 PM
The description in my post should have been more precise. Some of the points in the speech were not mentioned at all in the debate (like Kerry's voting record in the Senate, except the $87 billion vote). On other points, Bush did a horrible job explaining himself in the debate.

Not surprisingly, the prepared speech is much more articulate than Bush's words in the debate.

GWB
10-06-2004, 02:13 PM
I can guarantee that Kerry's Senate record will be discussed in future debates.

It is his Achille's heel.

andyfox
10-06-2004, 02:47 PM
Excellent speech, Mr.President, although you know I disagree with you on many issues.

I would think Kerry would be prepared to explain/defend his votes in Congresss in the next debate. I would also think he will put you on the spot with some decisions you made while governor of Texas. You've taken what looked like was going to be a wipe-out and made it close again.

cjromero
10-06-2004, 03:11 PM
Do you really think voters care what decisions Bush made as the governor of Texas, especially considering the legislature only meets every other year? He has been President for 4 years and will be judged on that record, not his record as governor. It's the same thing with Cheney's voting record as a House member.

GWB
10-06-2004, 03:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Excellent speech, Mr.President, although you know I disagree with you on many issues.

I would think Kerry would be prepared to explain/defend his votes in Congresss in the next debate. I would also think he will put you on the spot with some decisions you made while governor of Texas.

[/ QUOTE ]

No one cares about when I was governor, they have 4 years of me as President to remember. They don't know much about Kerry, so his record will matter, and he can't defend against some of the stupid things he has done in the past 20 years. He is toast.

andyfox
10-06-2004, 03:25 PM
I don't know if they will or not. But I would assume Kerry will want to hit back if some of his votes or decisions come up. Voters were apparently interested in what Kerry did or didn't do in Vietnam many years ago, the Swift Boat Veterans' book is a best-seller.

andyfox
10-06-2004, 03:27 PM
"He is toast."

He might be. But if you have another disastrous performance on Friday night, who knows.

BTW, why the debate rule against being able to have notes? I don't care if you or your opponent refer to notes. I'm not basing my voting decision on who has the best memory.

Wake up CALL
10-06-2004, 05:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Voters were apparently interested in what Kerry did or didn't do in Vietnam many years ago, the Swift Boat Veterans' book is a best-seller.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is because many Americans desire the unbiased truth about Kerry's past.

ThaSaltCracka
10-06-2004, 05:57 PM
Why is it that people don't care what you did as Governor 4 years ago, but things Kerry voted on 10+ years ago are relevant?

[ QUOTE ]
They don't know much about Kerry, so his record will matter, and he can't defend against some of the stupid things he has done in the past 20 years.

[/ QUOTE ] Can we get past this stupid [censored]?!?! All this is gonna do is bring us back to this stupid swift boat/guard service BULLSHIT.

andyfox
10-07-2004, 12:17 AM
Let's assume that is correct. Wouldn't they then also want the unbiased truth about Bush's more recent past in public office?

Wake up CALL
10-07-2004, 06:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Let's assume that is correct. Wouldn't they then also want the unbiased truth about Bush's more recent past in public office?

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you have a book you suggest one read that would have more information available than the public record?

andyfox
10-08-2004, 12:34 AM
You're missing my point. A debater would want to emphasize those parts of his opponent's public record that he thought would be unpopular or would win him points. Kerry's senate career is public record, but certainly Bush would want to bring up votes that he thinks would be to Kerry's detriment. Why wouldn't Kerry want to do the same about Bush's governorship?

SnakeRat
10-08-2004, 01:46 AM
[ QUOTE ]
No one cares about when I was governor, they have 4 years of me as President to remember . They don't know much about Kerry, so his record will matter, and he can't defend against some of the stupid things he has done in the past 20 years. He is toast.

[/ QUOTE ]

If they remember the last four years, you are toast.

wacki
10-08-2004, 02:39 AM
[ QUOTE ]
If they remember the last four years, you are toast.

[/ QUOTE ]

Depends on your memmory. I remembered a man that was firm and stood in what he believed in. He may of had bad intel, but so did every country on the planet.

I strongly disagree with him on many accounts, but atleast I KNOW what he stands for.