PDA

View Full Version : Saw Some Democrat on TV State al Qaeda was operative in 60 countries

adios
10-06-2004, 11:45 AM
I'll try to find the reference but I find it odd that al Qaeda would have been in so many countries but chose to ignore Iraq and stay out.

Matty
10-06-2004, 11:48 AM
Why would you pin this on Democrats? The State Department said it.

http://usinfo.state.gov/products/pubs/terrornet/12.htm

http://usinfo.state.gov/products/pubs/terrornet/images/alqedamap.gif

wacki
10-08-2004, 02:23 AM
Wrote my Dad an e-mail about that map, this is what he said:

"Nor is Canada, though we now know several of the 9/11 hijackers entered the US from Canada. The Millinium bomber tried to enter from Canada. Mexico is not on the list, theough we now suspect operatives are entering through Mexico. India, France, Australia, Ireland and Great Britain are shown as places where Al Q. had operated. We are even colored in. It is unclear what "operated in" means. The fact that Iraw was not on the list a month after 9/11 is not very significant."

Michael Davis
10-08-2004, 02:25 AM
Yes, Spain isn't even on the list. This map is either a complete joke or demonstrates some utterly useless piece of information.

-Michael

wacki
10-08-2004, 02:30 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Yes, Spain isn't even on the list. This map is either a complete joke or demonstrates some utterly useless piece of information.

-Michael

[/ QUOTE ]

Good one, I'm suprised I didn't even catch that.

whiskeytown
10-08-2004, 03:38 AM
I didn't think the Spain bombings were Al Queda -

I thought they were the work of some other religious fundmentalist fanatics....but not Al Queda themselves...

remember - Muslim Terrorists don't always equal Al Queda...you got Hamas and lots of lovely little groups they can be a part of - /images/graemlins/grin.gif

RB

Matty
10-08-2004, 06:59 AM
Also note that these are countries where Al Quaeda had "operations" (as in, an office or base of operations)- not simply countries that Al Quaeda members have passed through as wacki's dad seems to think. If that were the case then the map would undoubtedly be entirely red.

Further note that the map was done on November 2001.

jokerswild
10-08-2004, 08:07 AM
Time to go.Start selling Halliburton short.