PDA

View Full Version : Playing a LAG

JayKon
10-06-2004, 11:33 AM
Party Poker 10/20 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="CC3333">UTG+1 <font color="purple">(LAG)</font> raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="666666">6 folds</font>, <font color="CC3333">UTG+1 <font color="purple">(LAG)</font> caps</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (9.50 SB) 6/images/graemlins/club.gif, 8/images/graemlins/club.gif, 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
LAG checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, LAG calls.

Check the flop to induce a turn bet?

Turn: (5.75 BB) A/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>

Given the Check-Bet-Call, I really don't think he has an A, club or anything that beats me.

River: (7.75 BB) J/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">LAG bets</font>, Hero calls.

I think my flat call was probably wrong here. Raise would have been better.

Final Pot: 9.75 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 9.75 BB, between LAG and Hero.</font>

Steve Giufre
10-06-2004, 12:05 PM
Looks kinda perfect to me.

lucas9000
10-06-2004, 12:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Flop: (9.50 SB) 6/images/graemlins/club.gif, 8/images/graemlins/club.gif, 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>

Check the flop to induce a turn bet?

[/ QUOTE ]

maybe i play a bit too scared in these cases, but in that situation i'll bet that flop every time, because i don't want to give the guy a free club. if you check behind on the flop, then a club hits and he bets into you, what are you going to do? i say you were correct to bet the flop.

steveyz
10-06-2004, 01:37 PM
I would not check the flop. There's too many cards on the turn that would prevent you from raising. Plus, your opponent is a LAG, no point in being too creative. On the river it's close between calling and raising. Against some LAGs I'd raise, against others I'd call. Doesn't look like he has you beat though.