PDA

View Full Version : TT Strategy - Play for Set Value or Just Push?!?!?!

Unarmed
10-06-2004, 08:03 AM
Had been playing TT for overpair/set value on levels 1-3, but the last 10 or so times I've gotten the hand I've just pushed blindly, more to see what happens than anything else.

Checking PT... last 10 time's with TT I've folded the table out 4 times. Gotten called by KQs, 79s, A6, 22, QQ, KK.

Is this a horrid play against the typical 5+0.50 crowd? Seems like if you do it in the early stages (or later if one of the idiots has doubled up) you're bound to get a call from some moron with Ace high or suited connectors. The two times I got nailed by QQ and KK was when I pushed it UTG. Sure I could adjust that to only push it from MP or better given no large raises.

Just trying to determine which play makes the more money LT. It always seemed like a shame to play TT (or even JJ) for set value when there's always the loose PF allin call waiting to double you through.

Thoughts? Clearly a high variance move but you can always start another game if you bust...

rjb03
10-06-2004, 08:49 AM
If you want to go on that small sample, you could also push hands all the way down to 77. You got lucky. Is it really worth just picking up the blinds? Someone who calls with A6 will also probably call with KJ or other broadway cards. Any two broadway cards not including a 10 will be a race. If you're a gambler, go for it. As you said, it will be high variance. However, you're guaranteed to lose once you lose one of these races, but not guaranteed money when you double up.

poboys
10-06-2004, 06:58 PM
Try this experiment, play TT like you would AK in the middle rounds pre-flop, then represent top pair to a reasonable flop.