PDA

View Full Version : dual dvi vid card

zerosports
10-06-2004, 08:01 AM
got myself 2x 2001fp and would like to set them up using dual dvi. Like the title says do you guys have any suggestions on good vid cards that supports 2 dvi ports? I am not a gamer so base your suggestions on that, thanks in advance!

MMMMMM
10-06-2004, 08:31 AM
I don't know of dual dvi cards (though they probably exist), but you can get a dvi-to-vga adapter which is pretty cheap. You may need an extra piece of cable if the adapter is too wide to fit in the close slot on the 2001fp monitor. The adapter converts vga to dvi. Some video cards, like mine, come with one dvi and one vga port.

My 2x 2001fp's run great with one on dvi and one on vga. I can't really even tell the difference after adjusting settings on the monitors and on my graphics card. I would guess you can probably set them up to view almost the same if you go about it properly, even without a high-end gaming card.

On the monitors themselves, fooling around with the buttons will allow you to make basic adjustments. For setting the video card, however, right click on desktop then open Properties. Go to Settings tab then Advanced. Your video card adjustment thingy should come up. From there you should be able to adjust things such as color, gamma, contrast, etc.

Nightwish
10-06-2004, 12:25 PM
Yes, here's a cheap one. (http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=14-161-115&depa=0) If you're interested in top-notch gaming performance, you'd probably want to get this one (http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=14-150-073&depa=0)

zerosports
10-06-2004, 02:10 PM
thanks for the suggestions, the ability to play doom3 does sound tempting hehe. the monitors are set to arrive today I will try it with my current dual vga setup first, but how noticible is the difference from going to vga to dvi?

Nightwish
10-06-2004, 04:02 PM
I think it's a huge difference, so I don't know what that other guy was talking about when he said that he couldn't tell the difference.

zerosports
10-06-2004, 08:12 PM
i ended up getting a matrox dual DVI card and it's amazing. these monitors+vid card are definitely +EV /images/graemlins/grin.gif