PDA

View Full Version : too much, just right or WTH are you thinking?!?

sin808
10-06-2004, 05:31 AM
Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is Button with A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG calls, <font color="666666">3 folds</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, UTG calls, MP2 calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero caps</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, MP2 calls.

Flop: (16.50 SB) 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG calls, MP2 folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, UTG folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero caps</font>, BB calls.

Turn: (12.75 BB) K/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls.

River: (14.75 BB) J/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">BB raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">BB caps</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 22.75 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 22.75 BB, between Hero and BB.</font>

Joe Tall
10-06-2004, 05:40 AM
Lay off the river. Being c/r heads up on the river is a real deal often. You are in a win 1 lose 2 situation and looks like your opponent filled w/KJ.

Peace,
Joe Tall

umdpoker
10-06-2004, 06:36 AM
Lay off the river. Being c/r heads up on the river is a real deal often. You are in a win 1 lose 2 situation and looks like your opponent filled w/KJ.

i agree. jj is also possibility.

umdpoker
10-06-2004, 06:46 AM
i am retarded. jj wouldn't cap that flop, unless he is retarded. possible flopped set, that put you on kk after the flop cap, and then grew some balls on the river. i have done this a few times. however, the balls usually grow on the turn!

edfurlong
10-06-2004, 06:53 AM
Huh. I never slow down here. I suck though.

Mike28a
10-06-2004, 07:57 AM
I am shaking my head here. He has to have QQ, AJs or the other AK, with QQ the least likely. I can't envision a sensible read off the betting otherwise. I am playing it exactly as you did.

HajiShirazu
10-06-2004, 10:59 AM
I think you ended up chopping this with another AK. I don't know, it's hard for me to believe that the opponent would 3-bet with KJ or go nuts on the flop with JJ. I would probably play it like you did. But, it can be a mistake to assume that one's opponents play like you do. To some KJ is a big hand.

k000k
10-06-2004, 11:22 AM
[ QUOTE ]
i am retarded. jj wouldn't cap that flop, unless he is retarded. possible flopped set, that put you on kk after the flop cap, and then grew some balls on the river. i have done this a few times. however, the balls usually grow on the turn!

[/ QUOTE ]

Suppose villain has JJ: Villain didnt cap the flop, he 3bet it. It might have been to see if his JJ was really good, or if your raise was a scare tactic. Since hero capped the flop, JJ is now scared of K's or a set, and goes into calldown mode, despite the fact that odds are severely stacked against him.. He rivers his J, making HIS boat beat any low sets that filled, or any K's that tripped on the turn.

Suppose he has KJ, if he thought his K's with a J kicker were good enough to 3bet the flop and call a cap, where did those cajones go on the turn? Again, very fishy..

Now suppose he flopped a set... 3bet the flop, call the cap, then slow down when you fill? No way!

No matter what he has he played it badly, but I think JJ is the most likely hand here because of the turn play..

sin808
10-07-2004, 02:20 AM
you win the prize, he had JJ for the boat.