PDA

View Full Version : Online Gaming in NV?

brassnuts
10-06-2004, 04:22 AM
I was playing some live poker, and someone mentioned that internet poker is illegal in Nevada. This can't be true, can it?

astroglide
10-06-2004, 11:37 AM
yes it's true. search for taxes here and you'll find billions of references to the sites with state statutes.

brassnuts
10-06-2004, 05:41 PM
Thanks, I did that, and I didn't like what I read. I also followed this link, http://www.gambling-law-us.com/State-Law-Summary/.

Can anyone tell me if they've had any problems cashing out from PartyPoker, while living in Nevada?

Dynasty
10-06-2004, 06:06 PM
Don't worry about it.

I bet the % of Nevada residents who play online poker is much higher than the national average and probably in the top 10 among the 50 states.

And, I'm willing to place that bet with an online service. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Happy Hour
10-07-2004, 01:28 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I was playing some live poker, and someone mentioned that internet poker is illegal in Nevada. This can't be true, can it?

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course it's true. Think the law is there to protect hopeless addicts from the temptation of easy gambling on the internet? HAR!

Anyway, um....my friend...is a Nevada resident who has been playing online most of this year and has cashed in and out of several online poker sites many times (sometimes in amounts in excess of $12!) No problems so fa