PDA

View Full Version : It was the best of times, it was the worst of times

joker122
10-06-2004, 12:56 AM
Party 5/10

I limp UTG with A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif A/images/graemlins/club.gif, folded to the BB who checks.

Flop A/images/graemlins/heart.gif 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif

He bets, I call.

Turn 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif

He bets and we cap.

River: K/images/graemlins/spade.gif

He bets.

Yeknom58
10-06-2004, 01:29 AM
Having the Ad makes me want to raise and call a 3-bet on the river.

joker122
10-06-2004, 01:47 AM
Really? You think he leads this river without 2 diamonds?

MarkL444
10-06-2004, 01:54 AM
Im not sure if I would raise, but since you have the Ad I might be putting him on a set.

EDIT- Just realized he got in for free, so I guess any old two pair might do this too /images/graemlins/confused.gif, this hand seems read specific IMO

joker122
10-06-2004, 02:13 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Im not sure if I would raise, but since you have the Ad I might be putting him on a set.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't see what my having the Ad has anything to do with it. Won't he be more inclined to call a cap and lead a blank river with a flush (even if it's not the nut flush) than a set?

me454555
10-06-2004, 02:21 AM
I don't like you're flop play at all. Why give him a cheap shot at the turn? On top of, you raised the turn after the diamond hit. You're screaming I HAVE A FLUSH!!! which means you make the least when you raise and he tosses and inferior hand, and you lose the most when he's got a flush and 3 bets you're a$$. You may get lucky and have him call down you're raise w/an inferior hand but I just don't like not making him pay on the flop.

Yeknom58
10-06-2004, 02:36 AM
All I'm saying about the Ad thing is that he doesn't have the nut flush and you both know it.

Okay fine raising the river might be a bit thin, but the fact that you limped preflop, only called the flop bet, and the turn card completes the flush makes me think your opponents play doesn't automatically have to be a flush.

Yeknom58
10-06-2004, 02:39 AM
If he has ANY hand like set/2 pair/flush and he puts you on pair+Ad or just Ad (and you're a lag..lol) doesn't that make him want to lead the turn with all these hands thinking you'll check behind since you missed your flush.

Yeknom58
10-06-2004, 02:40 AM
Heads up I don't see the big deal here.

joker122
10-06-2004, 03:24 AM
[ QUOTE ]

I don't like you're flop play at all. Why give him a cheap shot at the turn? On top of, you raised the turn after the diamond hit. You're screaming I HAVE A FLUSH!!! which means you make the least when you raise and he tosses and inferior hand, and you lose the most when he's got a flush and 3 bets you're a$$. You may get lucky and have him call down you're raise w/an inferior hand but I just don't like not making him pay on the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

A few things to think about:
1. I have topset and a backdoor nut flush draw on an uncoordinated board in a small pot. Letting him see the turn cheaply is fine.

2. On the turn, I probably have the best hand and if I don't I have 19 outs. Not raising there would be awful.

me454555
10-06-2004, 11:47 AM
I didn't mean to say that raising was wrong here, just that the way you played it gives your opponent a very easy way to get away from his hand.

I know you have top set and you're heads up but you're opponent bet into you. I think a raise here is in order b/c he could have top pair which he doesn't want to get away from as well as a flush draw which will call as well as some of ther 2 pair/set combination.