PDA

View Full Version : Unprofessional use of mIRC twoplustwo Op powers

W00lygimp
10-06-2004, 12:15 AM
I received a perma ban kick from B_Dids from the twoplustwo mIRC chat room for disagreeing with his political views. I called Michael Moore a democratic propagandist and i got banned, this was in the middle of the bush/kerry debate so everyone was talking politics. This is the most unprofessional display of moderator control, Who can i talk to appeal this?

jek187
10-06-2004, 12:16 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Who can i talk to appeal this?

[/ QUOTE ]

Many choices:
1) Astroglide
2) GrannyMae
3) TheBruiser
4) info@partypoker.com

W00lygimp
10-06-2004, 12:19 AM
Will they most likely reply to this thread? seeing as i can't enter the twoplustwo mirc room...

Tuco
10-06-2004, 12:20 AM
Can I ask why you want to continue to debate with people that will ban you because of your very reasonable (if incorrect) views?

Tuco.

Lori
10-06-2004, 12:22 AM
Who can i talk to appeal this?

freemoneyback@hotmail.com told me he would answer all problems. Try there.

Lori

jek187
10-06-2004, 12:22 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Will they most likely reply to this thread?

[/ QUOTE ]

You're right. PM them or email the bottom email address.

Ulysses
10-06-2004, 12:26 AM
This is crazy. I am glad someone is finally standing up and fighting back. These guys are getting out of control and this tyranny must be fought.

kipin
10-06-2004, 12:32 AM
Kill the beast!

Sandstone
10-06-2004, 12:36 AM
Timeline of Great Literary Works:

Homer's Iliad - 800 BC

Dante's Divine Comedy - 1321 AD

Milton's Paradise Lost - 1667 AD

Hawthrone's Scarlet Letter - 1850 AD

And finally, today:

w00lygimp's post on the TwoPlusTwo forums complaining about the great injustice of the IRC OPs - 2004 AD

W00lygimp
10-06-2004, 12:38 AM
I don't consider Scarlet Letter as a great literary work, moreover i beleive the back of Cereal Boxes to be the true masterpeices of the 20th century.

Lori
10-06-2004, 12:41 AM
You should post this in the Other Topics forum. That's where the appeals process for this takes place.

Lori

Ulysses
10-06-2004, 12:42 AM
[ QUOTE ]
w00lygimp's post on the TwoPlusTwo forums complaining about the great injustice of the IRC OPs - 2004 AD

[/ QUOTE ]

Let's see how silly you think this is after you get unjustly banned from the IRC.

Don't let them push you around woolygimp. This is a free country and to ban you for your opinions is not what America, IRC, and 2+2 are all about. They think they are all-powerful, but they are not. They can be brought down. Do not give up - there are a lot of people behind you on this one, wooly. You are not the only one who has been oppressed. Show them that you are resolute and they will begin to show their faces.

daryn
hmm, you have read kafka haven't you?

W00lygimp
Ok, now you guys are screwing with me...
Very funny Lori.

Lori
10-06-2004, 12:43 AM
Now?

Lori

Ulysses
10-06-2004, 12:43 AM
[ QUOTE ]
You should post this in the Other Topics forum. That's where the appeals process for this takes place.

Lori

[/ QUOTE ]

STFU, Laurie. You know as well as I do that the IRC appeals happen right here. I don't know why you're trying to make trouble here or maybe you think you're just being funny, but let me tell you, this is no laughing matter. Your attempt to get this discussion off track is not appreciated.

Lori
10-06-2004, 12:44 AM
You will lose, I have already convinced the guy that you are screwing with him.

Lori

W00lygimp
10-06-2004, 12:45 AM
I shall execute my tremendous Woolygimp Battle Cry®!
Woolygimp shouts, "wowowowowoowowowo."

jek187
10-06-2004, 12:45 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Now?

[/ QUOTE ]

I admit I was messing w/him a bit as well. Option #4 (info@partypoker.com) is the only real way to get this taken care of. They sponsor the chatroom.

Ulysses
10-06-2004, 12:51 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Now?

[/ QUOTE ]

I admit I was messing w/him a bit as well. Option #4 (info@partypoker.com) is the only real way to get this taken care of. They sponsor the chatroom.

[/ QUOTE ]

jek, Party has told us that if we cannot handle these things ourself, they will have a full-time moderator in the room.

Wooly - of course going to Party (who sponsors the room) will solve this problem, but I do hope that you are able to get this issue taken care of here.

Maybe you could try keeping it an internal matter here for another day or so? If things don't get resolved, then you can contact info@partypoker.com and have them take care of it. I just would hate to see so many complaints go to them that they take over control of the room.

W00lygimp
10-06-2004, 12:53 AM
I had sent the e-mail to info@party.com immediately after Jek posted. For some reason i don't think thats the right person to e-mail being that thats the party poker support staff...

BradleyT
10-06-2004, 12:54 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I received a perma ban kick from B_Dids from the twoplustwo mIRC chat room for disagreeing with his political views. I called Michael Moore a democratic propagandist and i got banned, this was in the middle of the bush/kerry debate so everyone was talking politics. This is the most unprofessional display of moderator control, Who can i talk to appeal this?

[/ QUOTE ]

That's because Michael Moore is a Communist not a democratic propagandist.

W00lygimp
10-06-2004, 12:54 AM
I did send an e-mail to the twoplustwo forum master contact us address located at the bottom.

Lori
10-06-2004, 12:57 AM
Just watch out if anyone claims "You're getting owned".

This is the code that the person who got you booted has to post to tell the others that is was them that did it.

Lori

Ulysses
10-06-2004, 12:58 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I did send an e-mail to the twoplustwo forum master contact us address located at the bottom.

[/ QUOTE ]

They have nothing to do with the chatroom. While it is populated largely with 2+2 members, it is sponsored solely by PartyPoker. They basically paid for all the inital promotions and giveaways when the chatroom first opened. I don't know the technical details beyond that. But they pretty much own it and can take charge if the ops and users can't get along.

Anyway, like I said, if it takes contacting Party and having the full-time moderator come on to run it, then that's what will have to be done. Right now, the ops are power-crazed and run roughshod over the whole thing, letting their friends say whatever they want but banning anyone they disagree with. This cannot be allowed to continue. The more I think about it, the more I think we should all just be contacting Party to at least let them know about this and start monitoring things there.

W00lygimp
10-06-2004, 01:00 AM
diablo im not that gullible... can i please get a serious reply?

Ulysses
10-06-2004, 01:01 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Just watch out if anyone claims "You're getting owned".

This is the code that the person who got you booted has to post to tell the others that is was them that did it.

Lori

[/ QUOTE ]

Lori,

While you have kind of broken with etiquette here, I admire your courage in revealing some of the "secret code" that this egomaniacs live by. If things were more open and not shrouded in secrecy, the chatroom would be such a better place. Unfortunately, I think this all might be too late. I think full-time Party moderation is right around the corner.

W00lygimp
10-06-2004, 01:01 AM
N/T

Ulysses
10-06-2004, 01:02 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude, I am completely serious. As a heart attack, baby.

Lori
10-06-2004, 01:03 AM

The correct spelling is gullable.

Lori

AncientPC
10-06-2004, 01:04 AM
On a side note, what server / channel is the 2+2 room at?

Lori
10-06-2004, 01:06 AM

You're getting owned.

Lori

morgant
10-06-2004, 01:08 AM
you love that joke /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Cubswin
10-06-2004, 01:09 AM
lori

we sure have missed you in these parts recently... you are on a roll tonight /images/graemlins/smile.gif

regards
the poster formerly known as cubswin

Ulysses
10-06-2004, 01:14 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmmm, your post first said that you emailed Party and then later somehow got edited to remove that? That's weird. Maybe there are server problems at 2+2 or something.

Or more likely, CENSORSHIP BY IRC OPS! This is getting out of control, the power they hold.

W00lygimp
10-06-2004, 01:28 AM
who do i really talk to?

AncientPC
10-06-2004, 01:29 AM
[ QUOTE ]
who do i really talk to?

[/ QUOTE ]

Give it up . . . really.

ctide
10-06-2004, 09:30 AM
Considering I am the one that set the ban on the bot, (not B_Dids) you could talk to me but it will do you no good. You were permed because it's easier than banning you every day. You get banned repeatedly because, frankly, you're a buffoon. Every time you've asked about a hand, you have argued incessantly with everyone who attempted to give you advice. You offer absolutely no value to the room whatsoever.

If you really feel the need to escalate this issue, feel free to email Party Poker.

W00lygimp
10-06-2004, 10:09 AM
I argued with you on one hand, which people agreed on me. I have a good ROI so it appears i'm not totally clueless.

Alobar
10-06-2004, 10:13 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I argued with you on one hand, which people agreed on me. I have a good ROI so it appears i'm not totally clueless.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think quoting your ROI as evidence that you are not clueless, infact only proves that you are clueless

GrannyMae
10-06-2004, 10:14 AM
I called Michael Moore a democratic propagandist and i got banned

what did you expect?

a bin laden family sympathizer simply can't be allowed to stay in this room.

OTOH, they have given you a bogus email addy. appeals go to alerts@partypoker.com
If that does not work, go knock on charelton hestons door. he may be able to help, and answers his own intercom.

good luck my misguided friend

http://www.anchoredbygrace.com/smileys/usa.gif

CaniacNC
10-06-2004, 11:45 AM
Hi W00lygimp,

If you continue to send your complaints to this department your memberships of Party, TwoPlusTwo, and DonkeyBitsAndButts will also be revoked.

W00lygimp, if you have any questions or suggestions, please do not hesitate to contact our Customer Care Department at any time. We are here 24/7 to assist you.

AlihambraziR
Customer Care

SpicyF
10-06-2004, 02:26 PM
Give me back some power and I'll let all of you in!!!!!

(BUT WILL PROBARBLY QUICKLY SHOW EVERYONE WHERE THE DOOR IS)

FUCUNT

EVENHITLERHADAGIRLDRIEND

B Dids
10-06-2004, 02:38 PM
I'd like to think I was the nice op- but man, there's two threads that have been started because I kicked somebody. I must be more of an [censored] than I thought.

FWIW- the statement that got you banned was something to the effect of "the real reason I hate democrats is because I hate anybody who would associated themselves with that faggot Michael Moore". This coming after several other sputtering attempts to explain your positions.

There's plenty of people who love Bush/hate Moore/don't agree with the ops that stick around. So you can rest assured that this wasn't about what you said, it was just about you. A judgement has been made on you as a person, and you were found to be lacking. Please do better next time.

Lori
10-06-2004, 03:41 PM
Does anyone else find that some of the biggest idiots on this site not allowing someone to talk to them because he is too stupid really funny?

I do.

Lori

Ulysses
10-06-2004, 03:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Give me back some power and I'll let all of you in!!!!!

(BUT WILL PROBARBLY QUICKLY SHOW EVERYONE WHERE THE DOOR IS)

FUCUNT

EVENHITLERHADAGIRLDRIEND

[/ QUOTE ]

CUCUMBERPUSSY

B Dids
10-06-2004, 03:50 PM
ummm... what?

I'm not at all sure who you're talking about. I'm sure wondering where I've proven myself to be "one of the biggest idiots on the site".

Lori
10-06-2004, 03:53 PM
Nothing against you BD, I have hardly encountered you.
This doesn't mean you are not an idiot, just that I have no idea if you are or not /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

There are other people notorious for banning folks on there however who have proved themselves over the course of at least 4578 posts to be complete spanners.

Lori

B Dids
10-06-2004, 03:56 PM
That's umm... changed.

That said- anybody who I can think of that would be notorious for banning people would also be on my short list of "really good poker players". On this site.

Tempermental, trigger happy- but not idiots.

Lori
10-06-2004, 03:57 PM
anybody who I can think of that would be notorious for banning people would also be on my short list of "really good poker players

Did Astroglide leave?

Lori

SpicyF
10-06-2004, 06:18 PM
Didn't you get the memo?

Wahoo91
10-06-2004, 10:16 PM
Not sure about your case, but since its inception mIRC has been a place for those with no real power to exercise some once in a while.

Richard Berg
10-07-2004, 12:52 AM
Apparently the 2+2 chatroom is hosted by Party Poker. Um, what the hell? Running an IRC server (not Mirc, that's just a client) isn't rocket science nor costly. Hell, you don't even need to do that -- go to DALnet and start a channel. Start a fscking AIM room for all Party cares. It just doesn't matter.

And don't feed the trolls.

_And1_
10-07-2004, 08:06 AM
[ QUOTE ]
A judgement has been made on you as a person, and you were found to be lacking.

[/ QUOTE ]

That s a great quote. Funniest [censored] today. Made my day anyhow...

B Dids
10-07-2004, 11:54 AM
mIRC is a program, not a place. That's sort like saying "since its inception Internet Explorer has been a place for those with no no life to see naked women once in a while"

daveymck
10-07-2004, 12:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
mIRC is a program, not a place. That's sort like saying "since its inception Internet Explorer has been a place for those with no no life to see naked women once in a while"

[/ QUOTE ]

Its bizarre that cos they are always in there, doesnt matter where I click, even in my favourites all I get is naked woman. Perhaps I need to upgrade, have the woman been removed from IE6

Daxonovitch
10-07-2004, 01:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

efnet/#twoplustwo

Thank you for your email. I am the "moderator" who works for PartyPoker.com, we will as soon as in possible look at your request. A process to procedure is required to unban those who have to been banned in the previous event(s) on days aforementioned. In looking at this given mentioned player's history, we will take every factor in account on today's review of the audit regarding this user.

-cd

Wahoo91
10-07-2004, 01:15 PM
Updated for B Dids:

Since its inception IRC ops privileges have been a way for those with no real power to exercise some once in a while.

Grivan
10-07-2004, 01:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
There's plenty of people who love Bush/hate Moore/don't agree with the ops that stick around. So you can rest assured that this wasn't about what you said, it was just about you. A judgement has been made on you as a person, and you were found to be lacking. Please do better next time.

[/ QUOTE ]

So, Dids, because I love bush/hate Moore I disagree with the ops?

B Dids
10-07-2004, 02:04 PM
"love Bush/hate Moore/don't agree with the ops"

Those are three catagories, you only all into two /images/graemlins/smile.gif.

The worst two!

beernutz
10-08-2004, 12:24 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Nothing against you BD, I have hardly encountered you.
This doesn't mean you are not an idiot, just that I have no idea if you are or not /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

There are other people notorious for banning folks on there however who have proved themselves over the course of at least 4578 posts to be complete spanners.

Lori

[/ QUOTE ]

[Quickly checks post count.]

Obwhew!

Freudian
10-08-2004, 12:33 AM
It's pretty common that some people can't handle the 'power' of being op in irc channels but go around and ban people just to show everyone how powerful they are.

Message (/query <nick>) one of the other ops that hopefully have less interest in showing everyone the massive size of their ePenis.

On the other hands, if there is consensus among the users/ops of the channel that they don't want you there go somewhere else. Insisting on being somewhere where you are not wanted is pretty pointless.

AncientPC
10-08-2004, 12:56 AM
[ QUOTE ]
It's pretty common that some people can't handle the 'power' of being op in irc channels but go around and ban people just to show everyone how powerful they are.

Message (/query <nick>) one of the other ops that hopefully have less interest in showing everyone the massive size of their ePenis.

On the other hands, if there is consensus among the users/ops of the channel that they don't want you there go somewhere else. Insisting on being somewhere where you are not wanted is pretty pointless.

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you have to name yourself Freud to come up with that conclusion?

Freudian
10-08-2004, 06:11 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Did you have to name yourself Freud to come up with that conclusion?

[/ QUOTE ]

What's in a name? That which we call a rose by any other name would smell as sweet.

MMMMMM
10-08-2004, 07:37 AM
[ QUOTE ]
FWIW- the statement that got you banned was something to the effect of "the real reason I hate democrats is because I hate anybody who would associated themselves with that faggot Michael Moore". This coming after several other sputtering attempts to explain your positions.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, let me take a stand for the oppressed here.

BDids, that is a Typical Leftist Approach: don't like someone's opinion, try to squelch them and stifle the debate. Apply also to "politically incorrect speech".

Seriously, why don't you consider starting up a Neo-Stalinist mIRC chat room too? It would be a great place to practice banning those of whom you don't approve.

B Dids
10-08-2004, 12:05 PM
".kickban MMMMMM"

I love people, when making a point about "unfair" treatment, paint with broad brush strokes like "Typical Leftist Approach".

Lori
10-08-2004, 01:13 PM
I'm sure wondering where I've proven myself to be "one of the biggest idiots on the site

Amazing what one thread can do.

Lori

Richard Berg
10-08-2004, 01:19 PM
Anyone want to explain why PartyPoker is an authority figure here? EFNet is a completely free and publicly-administered network.

http://www.efnet.org/?module=docs&doc=24&type=html

Lori
10-08-2004, 01:24 PM
It appears that they use it to train their support staff.

When you get to moderate the chat room, you are almost incompetent enough to be on their team.

Lori

B Dids
10-08-2004, 02:20 PM
Yeah... you did that when you dissed Astro.

Lori
10-08-2004, 02:35 PM
Yeah... you did that when you dissed Astro.

Please elaborate.

Astroglide is a known troll on this forum.

Lori

Ulysses
10-08-2004, 03:50 PM
Lori u r mean.

InchoateHand
10-08-2004, 03:58 PM
No it said TO woolygimp and he thought it meant....

Nevermind, its just easier to call him a stupid republican.

thomastem
10-08-2004, 04:00 PM
Lori, do you want me to kick his ass for ya? /images/graemlins/smirk.gif