PDA

View Full Version : Not Usually Tempted to Call Three Cold...

Holm Fries
10-05-2004, 11:40 PM
MP1 seems like a solid, tight aggressive player. Button and BB are both really loose and aggressive. They are both on huge BB swings. Even so, this seems pretty straight forward. Anyone want to try to read these hands?

Comments appreciated.

HF

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (9 handed)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with A/images/graemlins/club.gif, T/images/graemlins/club.gif.
Hero calls, UTG+1 folds, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO folds, Button calls, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (5 SB) J/images/graemlins/club.gif, T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, Button calls, SB folds, BB calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (6.50 BB) Q/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, Hero folds, MP1 calls, Button calls.

River: (15.50 BB) 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, Button folds, BB calls.

Final Pot: 19.50 BB

sluttysteve
10-05-2004, 11:45 PM
Hmm. If you assume that both MP1 and Button will call the 3-bet, the pot will be 15.5 BB. You have your 9 flush outs, plus 2 non-diamond Ks for the assumed split pot.

I think this is close, and I lean towards calling.

Rubeskies
10-05-2004, 11:45 PM
You are getting about 4 to 1 on your call plus everyone else will probably call plus implied odds if you hit. You have 11 outs to the nuts (one king is tainted). You pretty much have to make this call only needing 3 to 1.

Holm Fries
10-05-2004, 11:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]

You are getting about 4 to 1 on your call plus everyone else will probably call plus implied odds if you hit. You have 11 outs to the nuts (one king is tainted). You pretty much have to make this call only needing 3 to 1.

[/ QUOTE ]

Even though I am not closing the action?

Holm Fries
10-06-2004, 12:08 AM
[ QUOTE ]
you have to call.

[/ QUOTE ]

Interesting. I am going back to the table and asking for a mulligan.

JimRivett
10-06-2004, 01:21 AM
I would grit my teeth and call.

fwiw, As tight as I play in early position, I do like to raise AT suited utg.

How did it end up, flush over a straight?

Regards, Jim