PDA

View Full Version : Limit HE Pre-Flop Playbook

Xelent
10-05-2004, 10:41 PM
I am mostly a NLHE cash player, but I have been checking out limit for the last few months and wanted to get more serious about it. I was going to put together a general pre-flop playbook for every position based on several variables including how many people are sitting in at the table from 2-10, how many people on avgerage have seen the flop in the past, and how often the pot is raised and where the aggressors are in relation to yourself. All the books that are out only say general hands to play in certain situations from relative positions (i.e. MP instead of UTG+2). I want to first label every position as a different position and decide how many people need to be in and what to do in every situation pre-flop so it is pure science.

10 Handed (from best to worst):
Button
CO
CO-1
CO-2
MLP
MEP
UTG+2
UTG+1
BB
SB

I want to come up with a playable hands list and put them under Raise, 3 bet, 4 bet, Call, Cold Call 2 bets, and Cold Call 3 bets categories for each position. Afterwards I want to add a variables such as if UTG, than if 45% or more of people call with no raises preflop in the past, you can limp with your 77 for example. If anyone can come up with some good formulas or ideas for me to make this easier, please let me know.

Note: I would like to make a different playbook for each amount of players at the table (2-10). This will cover the preflop strategy for Small Stakes, High stakes, shorthanded, long handed, and all other types of games.

bisonbison
10-05-2004, 10:49 PM
A) this is a crypto-bot post.
or
B) you need to realize that poker is not blackjack. Learn to play.

Dov
10-05-2004, 11:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I am mostly a NLHE cash player

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah right.

[ QUOTE ]
so it is pure science.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you really were a NL cash player, you would understand that you don't have nearly enough variables in your formula to program your bot.

[ QUOTE ]
10 Handed (from best to worst:

Button
CO
CO-1
CO-2
MLP
MEP
UTG+2
UTG+1
BB
SB

[/ QUOTE ]

So, PF, the worst positions are the blinds? You must be a great player indeed.

[ QUOTE ]
I want to come up with a playable hands list and put them under Raise, 3 bet, 4 bet, Call, Cold Call 2 bets, and Cold Call 3 bets categories for each position. Afterwards I want to add a variables such as if UTG, than if 45% or more of people call with no raises preflop in the past, you can limp with your 77 for example. If anyone can come up with some good formulas or ideas for me to make this easier, please let me know.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are a great programmer too, apparently. I you want all of these things, why not do them yourself?

[ QUOTE ]
Note: I would like to make a different playbook for each amount of players at the table (2-10). This will cover the preflop strategy for Small Stakes, High stakes, shorthanded, long handed, and all other types of games.

[/ QUOTE ]

What is a long handed game? Maybe you can give us an example from NL. (Since you are a regular cash player)

Other games you might consider programming your bot to play are slots, roulette, craps, monopoly, checkers, chess, and tiddly winks.

Create your monster somewhere else, Frankenstein.

AncientPC
10-06-2004, 12:27 AM
Like bison said, poker isn't blackjack -- you can't program a bot to win consistently as there are too many variables, especially for NL.

Spend the time and learn the game instead.