PDA

View Full Version : Funky AK Hand

imitation
10-05-2004, 08:57 PM
2 villians were laggy as I recall I seem to remember maybe I'd just put a beat on hte BB and he was tilty agro with some agro play and the table in general was very soft. This was at the crypto 3/6 game which is so unbelievably soft I will have to make those games my second home.

Sorry no converter as well.

I get AKo utg

I raise, button calls, BB raises, I cap, button calls, BB calls.

13SB to the flop.
flop is JcKc2s
BB checks, I bet, button raises, BB cold calls, I 3bet, both call.

15.5BB to the turn.
turn is Ks
BB checks, I check, button bets, BB calls, I raise, button 3-bets, BB calls, I call.

24.5BB to the river.
river is 9h
BB checks, I check, button bets, BB raises, I call, button 3-bets, BB caps, I call, button calls.

What I wonder about, river calls, I just don't think I could fold this in a massive pot.

2nd my turn play my CR was really just to pump the pot I figure I have the best of it and more often these guys are pushing there K worse kicker or some pocket pair refusing to believe I've hit because I'm always agro postflop.

Results later.

naphand
10-06-2004, 04:08 PM
Funk me, hard to read this but I think you must call here, esp. given your LAG reads.

Towards the end BB coming alive looks horribly like QT, which also ties in with the cold calling previously. However, this is inconsistent with the PF 3-bet from the BB, although QTs is quite possibly a 3-bet hand for a LAG.

Button must have a K, he surely raises JJ PF, 22 is possible as is KJ. He really likes his hand. Did he set up the 3-bet on the Turn by just calling the flop re-raise? He probably expects you to bet the Turn though and was intending to raise you.

It feels horrible to call here, but call you must. You could have capped the Turn, if your plan was to pump up the pot (?) you know LAG will hate your CR enough to 3-bet you with hands you beat. Perhaps you did not think he was LAG enough to 3-bet here without something genuinely dangerous? I think you probably win here 25-30% of the time, so no way your folding.