PDA

View Full Version : Who's the man at UB?????

12-16-2001, 12:23 PM
Who's the best no-limit player at UB. I've seen C.C.W. with some monster stacks at the micro tables.

12-16-2001, 12:26 PM
What's your username Mr. peterson? If you play as well as you post, you've probably broke me. My user is ShutUpAndDeal.

12-16-2001, 07:37 PM
My user name is Norm at UB. I've seen CCW with some big stacks too but I've also seen the way he accumulates them. A few lucky breaks to say the least hands at times. Having said that he changes gears very well.

But the worst player is undoubtedly CAJUNMAN. The first thing i do after logging on is look for him at a table. He loves to bluff about 10-15 times the pot size and show. Then he picks up AA and raises 25c. I have made about $400 off him simply by using a middle pin or better strategy and letting him do the betting.

Naty, runs a close 2nd. He is awful, and uses the bluff call allin tactic too much for my liking (once or more qualifies).

12-16-2001, 08:16 PM
I have seen "tuco ramiriz" with big stack quite a few times. He seems dangerous.

12-16-2001, 08:57 PM
Tuco is good value, but he seems afraid of me for some strange reason. That makes him easy to play against.

There are certain players at UB, who's hands can almost be totally defined by the bet size. As in you can tell the difference between aces and Kings preflop.

12-16-2001, 09:39 PM
I'm afraid of you because you always show me the nuts. 8:)

I'm very easy to play against. Calling all my bets will win you my stack a majority of the time.

And Jerome, you apparently missed all my re-buys.

Tuco.

12-17-2001, 05:16 AM
LOL. It's usually either the nuts or 24o. Middle pin is a rarity.

12-17-2001, 05:54 AM
By far the scariest player at UB 1/2 PLHE is DeweyWeum.

Everytime I'm in a pot I hope he's not in it too.

I rarely sit down when he's at the table, and

I will sometimes get up if he sits down at the table.

He plays a very tough, loose aggressive game.

12-17-2001, 10:09 AM
...Dewey is one of the best big bet players in the world and part of the UB team.

12-17-2001, 12:03 PM
Couldnt agree more with you tabbing of cajunman as the worst player there. Yesterday, he offered me one of the most hilarious explanations for his superiority I have ever read.

12-17-2001, 01:24 PM
You can't determine who is the best based on stack size. Sure if someone has more then $25 on a .10-.25 table then we know the person won it but you really need to watch the person and how they play. There are several bad players that I see with large stacks. But if you watch more carefully you will see they will give it all back.

Ken Poklitar

ohKanada@hotmail.com

12-17-2001, 01:27 PM
There are 2 types of bad players on UB. There are the passive ones and the aggressive ones. Cajun would be considered an aggressive one. He does add excitement to the room when he comes in. There are several of these players on UB.

Ken Poklitar

ohKanada@hotmail.com

12-17-2001, 08:20 PM
Dewey Weum is definitely one of the best players at UB. He is agressive, but does not take it to the point of stupidity like some other players do. Of course, if he is a great proffesional player, I feel pretty good, because I have been able to play with him and not get creamed! There are quite a few who are very agressive and play any hand that contains two cards, and these players are dangerous if you let them put you on tilt, but I love having them in my game for the most part because they make everyone at the table play worse, and that usually leads to profit if one is patient.

12-17-2001, 11:53 PM
Although he has tightened up receently, I doubt what you say is true.

12-19-2001, 11:34 AM
MMM... Well I thought Dewey was part of the UB team, it does not seam so, according to their site.

So maybe there is a guy out there using Dewey Weum as a handle on UB.

All I know is that the real Dewey Weum is one of the best. Just do a search on pokerpages about him, you'll see.

Nicolas Fradet (The Prince)

12-19-2001, 01:08 PM
Actually he is part of their site. When you are logged on to UB you can see the actual pro's and their names by using the drop down menu. His name doesn't appear on the regular web site though.

Ken Poklitar

ohKanada@hotmail.com

12-19-2001, 04:28 PM
...I thought it was funny Dewey would play at UB without being part if their team. Unless it wasn't him.

I've never played against him as I try to avoid tables with him in them.